On this page
News from the Library Scene Investigation blog
- HeinOnline does McGill Citation Style, World Constitutions, and Historical Provincial Legislation Online
- New: Maclean's Magazine Archive at SFU Library
- October 17, 2018: Canada Blazes New Trail as the Cannabis Act Comes Into Effect
- New Trials: Sage Research Methods resources
- New Research Guide! Media Literature Reviews
Specialized research guides
Help with course assignments
- CRIM 101: Introduction to Criminology (Fall 2014)
- CRIM 103: Psychological Explanations of Criminal and Deviant Behavior (Spring 2019)
- CRIM 210: Law, Youth and Young Offenders (Spring 2018)
- CRIM 220: Research Methods in Criminology
- CRIM 330: Criminal Procedure and Evidence (Spring 2016)
- CRIM 459: Organized Crime (Spring 2019)
- CRIM 491 Honours Cohort (Fall 2018)
- PowerPoint (Research skills)
- Criminology Graduate Students
New Criminology books
- An invitation to social theory
- Soft target hardening : protecting people from attack
- Model(ing) justice : perfecting the promise of international criminal law
- Issues in green criminology : confronting harms against environments, humanity and other animals
- Religious liberty.
- Legal marijuana : perspectives on public benefits, risks and policy approaches
- Risk-based policing : evidence-based crime prevention with big data and spatial analytics
- History of private policing in the united states.
- Conspiracy theories and the people who believe them
- No place on the corner : the costs of aggressive policing
- Law and evil : the evolutionary perspective
- Handbook of terror management theory
- The technocene : reflections on bodies, minds, and markets
- Criminal justice during the long eighteenth century : theatre, representation and emotion
- The psychology of school bullying
- The Wiley handbook on offenders with intellectual and developmental disabilities : research, training, and practice
- H.L.A. Hart : the nature of law
- MATERNAL INFANTICIDE IN THE CONTEXT OF CULTURAL AND ECONOMIC INEQUALITY : a crying baby and the... inability to escape.
- Crime and violence in the Caribbean : lessons from Jamaica
- Lost childhoods : poverty, trauma, and violent crime in the post-welfare era
- BAHRAIN, SECTARIANISM, AND CRIME : colonial criminal court cases and the rise of sunni.
- Non-conventional copyright : do new and atypical works deserve protection?
- Mothers accused and abused : addressing complex psychological needs
- New York after 9/11
- Policing Los Angeles : race, resistance, and the rise of the LAPD
- Maximum likelihood for social science : strategies for analysis
- Jihadism constrained : the limits of transnational jihadism and what it means for counterterrorism
- Mothering and Desistance in Re-entry.
- Modern genocide : analyzing the controversies and issues
- Mapping American criminal law : variations across the 50 states