SFU Library provides services and support for researchers interested in finding and using data and statistical information across all disciplines.
Services and support include assistance with:
- locating and acquiring of data files, including microdata resources
- locating statistical resources and information
- citing Statistics Canada, PCensus, & CHASS data
- identifying appropriate datasets and of variables within a dataset, and assisting with data extractions of selected variables to create custom datasets for research or instructional use.
SFU Library also offers services and support for research data management. See Research data management services + Research Data Repository for more information.
For Spring 2020, every Wednesday, from January 8 to April 22, there are data consultation hours for students and researchers at SFU Vancouver, in room HC 7400,on the 7th floor at the Harbour Centre campus. The consultations will cover:
- data access and discovery (including statistics, survey data, Canadian Census data, open government data, research data and more)
- data preparation
- custom subsetting
Registration not required! Please drop in!
For information on GIS resources and maps, see GIS & maps information resources.