"Bring your own device" (BYOD) monitors at the Bennett Library
Larger monitors for your laptop at SFU Burnaby
Looking for larger screens for your work? You can now plug your laptop into BYOD ("bring your own device") monitors at the W.A.C. Bennett Library (SFU Burnaby).
Bennett 3rd floor (main floor):
- The BYOD monitors are at the west side of the computers, towards the Student Learning Commons.
- Maps: On the 3rd floor plan, the BYOD is in the left-side computer area (west side of the floor), marked by the the red vertical bar on the right edge.
Bennett 5th floor:
- The BYOD monitors are at the east side of the computer lab area.
- Maps: On the 5th floor plan, the BYOD section is marked by the red vertical bar to the right of the other computers.
- Monitors: Dell UltraSharp U2722DE or U2722D, and Dell Curved C3422WE.
- You can use the labelled USB-C and HDMI cables that are attached to the monitors.
- Most of the connectors are plug-and-play: they will automatically detect your laptop and display mirrored/extended images depending on your settings.
- USB-C connectors will deliver displays and power charging.
- Other cables may be available from Access Services (at the Library front desk).
- Note that Macbooks will deliver mirror images on the 2nd monitor.
- For custom display settings such as input, and brightness, you can use the joystick control on the rear of the monitor, next to the power buttons (on the right-hand side).