New education books
- Teaching effective source use : classroom approaches that work
- Special education in Canada
- Education in a new society : renewing the sociology of education
- Making everyday choices : helping students in grades 2-5 practice the art of thinking
- Affects The Unity of Body and Mind.
- Affective Jacob's Ladder Reading Comprehension Program : social-emotional intelligence, grades 4-5
- From goals to growth : intervention & support in every classroom
- An inclusive academy : achieving diversity and excellence
- A teacher's guide to flexible grouping and collaborative learning : form, manage, assess, and differentiate in groups
- Advance in academic writing : integrating research, critical thinking, academic reading and writing
- Educating for creativity within higher education : integration of research into media practice
- Uncover the roots of challenging behavior : create responsive environments where young children thrive
- Methods and strategies for gifted professional development
- Critical sociolinguistic research methods studying language issues that matter
- Inside PreK classrooms : a school leader's guide to effective instruction
- International students in first-year writing : a journey through socio-academic space
- The sociology of education in Canada : critical perspectives
Find what you need
Want some search tips? See our Catalogue search guide.
Not sure how to get started? Use our guide Start Your Research Here.
Using this guide
In addition to books, here are some other types of library resources you may want to strategically target:
- Academic subject-specific encyclopedias provide summaries of information and suggest further readings.
- Handbooks provide background or "how to" information about research methodologies or professional topics.
- In journals, primary source articles present original scholarly work, and they are often peer-reviewed. Also in journals, review articles (not to be confused with book reviews) summarize findings of all relevant publications into one coherent view of the topic.
- Theses or dissertations often provide thorough literature reviews on their topic.
- Children's literature information resources
- Contemplative inquiry resources
- Counselling resources
- Curriculum Collection
- Education law & legal resources
- PDP guide: Resources for Professional Programs
- Ressources et outils pour l'éducation en français
- EDUC 100W: Selected Questions and Issues in Education
- EDUC 230: Introduction to Philosophy of Education
- EDUC 322: The Social Lives of School Children
- EDUC 390: Fairy Tales, Popular Culture, and Childhood
- EDUC 422: Learning Disabilities
- EDUC 464: Early Childhood Education
- EDUC 864: Research Designs in Education
- EDUC 866: MEd in Educational Practice
- EDUC 870/874: Counselling Skills & Theories