New education books
- Beyond the behavior contract : a practical approach to dealing with challenging student behaviors
- The trainee teacher's handbook : a companion for initial teacher training
- Teaching while White addressing the intersections of race and immigration in the classroom
- Improving education in a world of politics : recommendations and strategies for effective political participation
- The i5 approach : lesson planning that teaches thinking and fosters innovation
- Toward what justice? : describing diverse dreams of justice in education
- Methods for analyzing and leveraging online learning data
- Mindful alignment : foundations of educator flourishing
- Student-centered virtual learning environments in higher education
- Culturally responsive school leadership
- Using virtual worlds in educational settings : making learning real
- Optimizing instructional design methods in higher education
- I'm afraid of men
- Whiteness at the table : antiracism, racism, and identity in education
- Technology-supported teaching and research methods for educators
- Using understanding by design in the culturally and linguistically diverse classroom
- Writing with Deleuze in the academy : creating monsters
- CHALLENGES FOR PUBLIC EDUCATION reconceptualising educational leadership, policy and social justice as resources for hope
- Ubiquitous inclusive learning in a digital era
- Marginalia in modern learning contexts
- POTLATCH AS PEDAGOGY.
- Blood's will : speculative fiction, existence, and inquiry of currere
- Educational Reciprocity and Adaptivity : International Students and Stakeholders.
- Improving the viability and perception of HBCUS
- Inquiry-based early learning environments : creating, supporting, and collaborating
- Refugees in higher education : debate, discourse and practice
- Who decides who becomes a teacher? : schools of education as sites of resistance
- Yoga, the body, and embodied social change : an intersectional feminist analysis
Find what you need
Want some search tips? See our Catalogue search guide.
Not sure how to get started? Use our guide Start Your Research Here.
Using this guide
In addition to books, here are some other types of library resources you may want to strategically target:
- Academic subject-specific encyclopedias provide summaries of information and suggest further readings.
- Handbooks provide background or "how to" information about research methodologies or professional topics.
- In journals, primary source articles present original scholarly work, and they are often peer-reviewed. Also in journals, review articles (not to be confused with book reviews) summarize findings of all relevant publications into one coherent view of the topic.
- Theses or dissertations often provide thorough literature reviews on their topic.
New! Storybooks Canada is a free and open educational online resource that aims to promote bilingualism and multilingualism in Canada. It makes 40 stories from the African Storybook available in the major immigrant and refugee languages of Canada, in addition to the official languages of English and French.
- Children's literature information resources
- Contemplative inquiry resources
- Counselling resources
- Curriculum Collection
- Education law & legal resources
- MEd in Educational Practice
- Nature-based and place-conscious practices
- PDP guide: Resources for Professional Programs
- Ressources et outils pour l'éducation en français
- EDUC 100W: Selected Questions and Issues in Education
- EDUC 230: Introduction to Philosophy of Education
- EDUC 322: The Social Lives of School Children
- EDUC 390: Fairy Tales, Popular Culture, and Childhood
- EDUC 422: Learning Disabilities
- EDUC 464: Early Childhood Education
- EDUC 864: Research Designs in Education