New education books
- Language, sexuality and education
- Innovative applications of online pedagogy and course design
- Language and culture in mathematical cognition
- Strategies to support struggling adolescent readers, grades 6-12
- Teachers at their best : the case for a new school model and a new teacher concept
- Equity, equality, and reform in contemporary public education
- Leading change together : developing educator capacity within schools and systems
- Authentic teaching and learning from preK-fifth grade : advice from practitioners and coaches
- Exploring the toxicity of lateral violence and microaggressions : poison in the water cooler.
- Augmented reality for enhanced learning environments
- Foundations of Multiliteracies : Reading, Writing and Talking in the 21st Century
- Empowerment at the tower : leadership and identity in higher education
- Does nonfiction equate truth? : rethinking disciplinary boundaries through critical literacy
- Overcome any obstacle to creativity
- Unprepared for what we learned : six action research exercises that challenge the ends we imagine for education
- Authentic academic leadership : a values-based approach to college administration
- The Solution-focused educator : breakthrough strategies for teachers and school administrators to reframe their mindsets
- Accountability and opportunity in higher education : the civil rights dimension
- Music, education, and diversity : bridging cultures and communities
- Self-compassion : the proven power of being kind to yourself
- The theory and practice of multicultural education : a focus on the K-12 educational setting
- Qualitative content analysis in practice
- Key words : reclaiming children's precious vocabulary
- Graphic girlhoods : visualizing education and violence
- Now elected, now what? : the path to successful school district governance
- Institutional change from within : teaching and learning in higher education
- Active Learning Strategies in Higher Education : Teaching for Leadership, Innovation, and Creativity
- Teach yourself how to learn : strategies you can use to ace any course at any level
- Early childhood education from an intercultural and bilingual perspective
- The Discourse of Special Populations : Critical Intercultural Communication Pedagogy and Practice
Find what you need
Want some search tips? See our Catalogue search guide.
Not sure how to get started? Use our guide Start Your Research Here.
Using this guide
In addition to books, here are some other types of library resources you may want to strategically target:
- Academic subject-specific encyclopedias provide summaries of information and suggest further readings.
- Handbooks provide background or "how to" information about research methodologies or professional topics.
- In journals, primary source articles present original scholarly work, and they are often peer-reviewed. Also in journals, review articles (not to be confused with book reviews) summarize findings of all relevant publications into one coherent view of the topic.
- Theses or dissertations often provide thorough literature reviews on their topic.
- PDP guide: Resources for Professional Programs
- Contemplative inquiry resources
- Education law: Legal information for education researchers
- Ressources et outils en ligne pour l'éducation en français
- Children's Literature information resources
- Curriculum Collection
- EDUC 100W: Selected Questions and Issues in Education
- EDUC 230: Introduction to Philosophy of Education
- EDUC 322: The Social Lives of School Children
- EDUC 390: Fairy Tales, Popular Culture, and Childhood
- EDUC 422: Learning Disabilities
- EDUC 464: Early Childhood Education
- EDUC 864: Research Designs in Education
- EDUC 866: MEd in Educational Practice
- EDUC 870/874: Counselling Skills & Theories