On this page
The Curriculum Collection contains:
- Materials for Preschool to Grade 12
- Materials primarily in English and French, with select items in other languages
- Award-winning children's literature, especially Canadian works
- Materials of current significance to BC curriculum, including teacher resources, textbooks and informational books
- Resources that encourage engagement with diverse cultures and awareness of underserved populations
The Curriculum Collection is located on the 2nd Floor, Bennett Library (SFU Burnaby). Some historical curricular resources are available in the Historical Curriculum Collection and the Lam Collection.
Use the filters to limit by Location: Curriculum Collection or Curriculum Oversize.
- Remember me
- Kasey & Ivy
- Nighthawk and Little Elk
- Tell me why : how young people can change the world
- The 57 bus
- P.S. be eleven
- Looking for X
- Wolf in the snow
- The murderer's ape
- Tiger flowers
- A Tree for Emmy.
- Grand Canyon
- What world is left?
- The way things work now : from levers to lasers, windmills to Wi-Fi, a visual guide to the world of machines
- Lucky broken girl
- We are okay : a novel
- Piecing me together
- Firebird : ballerina Misty Copeland shows a young girl how to dance like the firebird
- Lila and the crow
- Rain reign
- Sandy's incredible shrinking footpr[i]nt
- Twelve days in May : Freedom Ride 1961
- Vincent and Theo : the Van Gogh brothers/
- Charlie & Mouse
- Gone crazy in Alabama
- Up in the garden and down in the dirt
- Bat count : a citizen science story
K-12 textbooks & teaching materials
The collection includes selected textbooks for use in B.C. schools, including teachers' editions, as well as materials containing
- To find a specific textbook, search the Catalogue* by the title or author's name.
- To find a textbook by grade level, search the Catalogue* by keyword and grade, e.g. science grade 6
- For a list of all the past provincially-recommended resources, see SFU Library's Collection of Recommended Learning Resources.
- For books containing student exercises, search subject problems, exercises OR composition and exercises
- For teaching materials and activity ideas, search subject "activity programs" OR "study and teaching"
*Remember to filter by Location: Curriculum Collection.
Books for children and young adults
The collection includes fairy and folk tales, picture books, fiction, graphic novels, beginning readers and informational texts.
- For information books, search subject juvenile literature
- For novels, search subject juvenile fiction OR fiction
- For picture books, search subject juvenile pictorial works OR stories without words
- For poetry, search subject juvenile poetry OR children's poetry
- For graphic novels, search subject juvenile graphic novels OR juvenile comic books
- For fairy and folk tales, search subject folklore OR fairy tales
- For books in French, use the language filter and use English or French keywords
- Note: In general, children’s literature (fiction and non-fiction) cannot be searched for in the Library Catalogue by grade level or age.
The collection includes curriculum guides (a.k.a. integrated resource packages) produced by the BC Ministry of Education.
- Search subject British Columbia curricula with your subject and grade level
Use the PDP guide for:
- Lesson and unit planning resources
- BC curriculum documents
- Magazines for children and young adults
- Books & articles about teachers and teaching
- Educational videos
- First Peoples resources
Use the Children's Literature Resources guide for:
- Books & articles about children's literature
- Biographies about children's book authors
- Book review & book award websites
- Guides created for SFU children's literature courses