On this page
New books in the Curriculum Collection
- ¡Vamos! Let's go to the market
- Finish the fight! the brave and revolutionary women who fought for the right to vote
- This promise of change : one girl's story in the fight for school equality
- 1919 the year that changed America
- Soldier for equality : José de la Luz Saénz and the Great War
- Rise up : ordinary kids with extraordinary stories
- A friend for Henry
- A plan for Pops
- Keep this to yourself
- The bird king
- The phone booth in Mr. Hirota's garden
- A people's history of Heaven : a novel
- The other half of happy
- The cat I never named : a true story of love, war, and survival
- The perks of being a wallflower
- Above the Rim How Elgin Baylor Changed Basketball.
- You're snug with me
- Light a candle = Tumaini pasipo na tumaini
- The Jungle radio : bird songs of India
- Do you dream of Terra-Two?
- Wicked Nix
- Synchro boy
- Room for one more
- The fabled life of Aesop
- The suitcase
- That's not hockey!
- The Magic Boat.
- The last crystal
- House arrest
If you need help, please contact Melissa Smith, Librarian for the Faculty of Education, at 778.782.7419 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Book an appointment. See also Ask a librarian if Melissa is not available or you have a general question.
The Curriculum Collection contains:
- Materials for Preschool to Grade 12
- Materials primarily in English and French, with select items in other languages
- Award-winning children's literature, especially Canadian works
- Materials of current significance to BC curriculum, including teacher resources, textbooks and informational books
- Resources that encourage engagement with diverse cultures and awareness of underserved populations
The Curriculum Collection is located on the 2nd Floor, Bennett Library (SFU Burnaby). Some historical curricular resources are available in the Historical Curriculum Collection and the Lam Collection. Additionally, The University of Victoria Libraries provide a unique collection of British Columbia Historical Textbooks used in British Columbia’s public schools since the province joined confederation in 1871.
New! Looking for inspiration? Browse children's and young adult books by topic.
Use the filters to limit by Location: Curriculum Collection or Curriculum Oversize.
K-12 textbooks & teaching materials
The collection includes selected textbooks for use in B.C. schools, including teachers' editions, as well as materials containing
- To find a specific textbook, search the Catalogue* by the title or author's name.
- To find a textbook by grade level, search the Catalogue* by keyword and grade, e.g. science grade 6
- For a list of all the past provincially-recommended resources, see SFU Library's Collection of Recommended Learning Resources.
- For books containing student exercises, search subject problems, exercises OR composition and exercises
- For teaching materials and activity ideas, search subject "activity programs" OR "study and teaching"
*Remember to filter by Location: Curriculum Collection.
Books for children and young adults
The collection includes fairy and folk tales, picture books, fiction, graphic novels, beginning readers and informational texts.
- For information books, search subject juvenile literature
- For novels, search subject juvenile fiction OR fiction
- For picture books, search subject juvenile pictorial works OR stories without words
- For poetry, search subject juvenile poetry OR children's poetry
- For graphic novels, search subject juvenile graphic novels OR juvenile comic books
- For fairy and folk tales, search subject folklore OR fairy tales
- For books in French, use the language filter and use English or French keywords
- Note: In general, children’s literature (fiction and non-fiction) cannot be searched for in the Library Catalogue by grade level or age.
The collection includes curriculum guides (a.k.a. integrated resource packages) produced by the BC Ministry of Education.
- Search subject British Columbia curricula with your subject and grade level
Use the PDP guide for:
- Lesson and unit planning resources
- BC curriculum documents
- Magazines for children and young adults
- Books & articles about teachers and teaching
- Educational videos
- First Peoples resources
Use the Children's Literature Resources guide for:
- Books & articles about children's literature
- Biographies about children's book authors
- Book review & book award websites
- Guides created for SFU children's literature courses