On this page
The Curriculum Collection is located on the 2nd Floor of the Bennett Library in Burnaby. Designed for students in the Faculty of Education's Professional Development Program (PDP), the Curriculum Collection is available to all members of the SFU community.
The collection contains materials for Preschool to Grade 12 - including teacher's guides & kits, textbooks, curriculum documents, oversize materials, and literature for children and young adults. Some historical curricular resources are available in the Historical Curriculum Collection and the Lam Graduate Research Centre.
Use the filters to limit by Location: Curriculum Collection or Curriculum Oversize.
- Somos como las nubes = We are like the clouds
- All the dirt on getting clean
- Cry, heart, but never break
- Moxie : a novel
- The Spitboy rule : tales of a Xicana in a female punk band
- Yellow dog : a coming-of-age novel
- Good night owl
- Diwali : festival of lights
- Hurry up, Henry
- The stars at Oktober Bend
- Will I see
- Freedom in Congo Square
- The star-touched queen
- Follow the moon home
- Lines, squiggles, letters, words
- Bridges : an introduction to ten great bridges and their architects
- Horrible bear!
- The great pet escape
- The girl with the parrot on her head
- Another me : a novel
- Esquivel! : space-age sound artist
- When we collided
- The sun is also a star
- The girl in a coma
- There is a tribe of kids
- The killer whale who changed the world
- Sputnik's guide to life on Earth
K-12 textbooks & teaching materials
The collection includes selected textbooks recommended for use in B.C. schools, including teachers' editions, as well as materials containing
- To find a specific textbook, search the Catalogue* by the title or author's name.
- To find a textbook by grade level, search the Catalogue* by keyword and grade, e.g. science grade 6
- For a list of all the past provincially-recommended resources, see SFU Library's Collection of Recommended Learning Resources.
- For books containing student exercises, search subject problems, exercises OR composition and exercises
- For teaching materials and activity ideas, search subject "activity programs" OR "study and teaching"
*Remember to filter by Location: Curriculum Collection.
Books for children and young adults
The collection includes fairy and folk tales, picture books, fiction, graphic novels, beginning readers and informational texts.
- For information books, search subject juvenile literature
- For novels, search subject juvenile fiction OR fiction
- For picture books, search subject juvenile pictorial works OR stories without words
- For poetry, search subject juvenile poetry OR children's poetry
- For graphic novels, search subject juvenile graphic novels OR juvenile comic books
- For fairy and folk tales, search subject folklore OR fairy tales
- For books in French, use the language filter and use English or French keywords
- Note: In general, children’s literature (fiction and non-fiction) cannot be searched for in the Library Catalogue by grade level or age.
The collection includes curriculum guides (a.k.a. integrated resource packages) produced by the BC Ministry of Education.
- Search subject British Columbia curricula with your subject and grade level
Use the PDP Information Resources guide for:
- Lesson and unit planning resources
- BC curriculum documents
- Magazines for children and young adults
- Articles about teachers and teaching
- Educational videos
- First Peoples resources
Use the Children's Literature Resources guide for:
- Books & articles about children's literature
- Biographies about children's book authors
- Book review & book award websites
- Guides created for SFU children's literature courses