New education books
- A midsummer night's dream for kids
- Beyond words : what animals think and feel
- The successful teacher's survival kit : 83 simple things that successful teachers do to thrive in the classroom
- Beautiful risks : having the courage to teach and learn creatively
- Deleuze and children
- Advanced Web Applications and Progressing e-Learning 2
- Early language learning and teacher education : international research and practice
- What we know about grading : what works, what doesn't, and what's next
- The relational ethics of narrative inquiry
- Language learning and teaching in a multilingual world
- Gender, agency and political violence
- Educational leadership, organizational learning, and the ideas of Karl Weick : perspectives on theory and practice
- The college completion glass, half-full or half-empty? : exploring the value of postsecondary education
- Young children's civic mindedness : democratic living and learning in an unequal world
- Debating yoga and mindfulness in public schools : reforming secular education or reestablishing religion?
- Infinite learning diversity : uncovering the hidden talents of our students
- Mindful leadership : an insight-based approach to college administration
- The burnout cure : learning to love teaching again
- Faculty roles and changing expectations in the new age
- Not light, but fire : how to lead meaningful race conversations in the classroom
- Action learning and action research : genres and approaches
- Behavior management in today's schools : successful and positive tools for teachers
- Drama-based pedagogy : activating learning across the curriculum
- Navigating teacher education in complex and uncertain times : connecting communities of practice in a borderless world
- A living classroom : ideas for student creativity and community service
- Pioneering education for girls across the globe advocates and entrepreneurs, 1760-1904
- All learning is social and emotional : helping students develop essential skills for the classroom and beyond
- Digital games for minority student engagement : emerging research and opportunities
- Attainment and executive functioning in the early years : research for inclusive practice and lifelong learning
- Social consequences of testing for language-minoritized bilinguals in the United States
Find what you need
Want some search tips? See our Catalogue search guide.
Not sure how to get started? Use our guide Start Your Research Here.
Using this guide
In addition to books, here are some other types of library resources you may want to strategically target:
- Academic subject-specific encyclopedias provide summaries of information and suggest further readings.
- Handbooks provide background or "how to" information about research methodologies or professional topics.
- In journals, primary source articles present original scholarly work, and they are often peer-reviewed. Also in journals, review articles (not to be confused with book reviews) summarize findings of all relevant publications into one coherent view of the topic.
- Theses or dissertations often provide thorough literature reviews on their topic.
- Children's literature information resources
- Educational leadership
- Contemplative inquiry resources
- Counselling resources
- Curriculum Collection
- Education law & legal resources
- MEd in Educational Practice
- Nature-based and place-conscious practices
- PDP guide: Resources for Professional Programs
- Ressources et outils pour l'éducation en français
- EDUC 100W: Selected Questions and Issues in Education
- EDUC 230: Introduction to Philosophy of Education
- EDUC 322: The Social Lives of School Children
- EDUC 390: Fairy Tales, Popular Culture, and Childhood
- EDUC 422: Learning Disabilities
- EDUC 464: Early Childhood Education
- EDUC 864: Research Designs in Education