New education books
- From a trickle to a torrent : education, migration, and social change in a Himalayan valley of Nepal
- The sociology of early childhood : young children's lives and worlds
- Learning analytics in the classroom : translating learning analytics research for teachers
- Home schooling and home education : race, class and inequality
- Beyond obsolete : how to upgrade classroom practice and school structure
- Beyond the classroom walls : teaching in challenging social contexts
- Academic ambassadors, Pacific allies : Australia, America and the Fulbright Program
- Ten Traits of Resilience Achieving Positivity and Purpose in School Leadership.
- Overcoming challenges and creating opportunity for African American male students
- Multimodality, learning and communication : a social semiotic frame
- Children's literature, domestication, and social foundation : narratives of civilization and wilderness
- Worth a thousand words : using graphic novels to teach visual and verbal literacy
- Engage : motivational strategies for a dynamic classroom
- STEM education now more than ever
- Teaching Race : How to Help Students Unmask and Challenge Racism.
- Resisting English hegemony : a study of five English as a Foreign Language (EFL) high school teachers
- Cases on smart learning environments
- Re-Theorizing Literacy Practices Complex Social and Cultural Contexts.
- Early instructed second language acquisition : pathways to competence
- Constructivism and the new social studies : a collection of classic inquiry lessons
- Using student feedback for successful teaching
- Design, motivation, and frameworks in game-based learning
- Implicit Bias in Schools A Practitioner's Guide.
- Combating hatred : transformational educators striving for social justice
- Who you know : unlocking innovations that expand students' networks
- Building sustainability through environmental education
- Teaching about genocide : insights and advice from secondary teachers and professors
- Advanced Online Education and Training Technologies.
- Relational Leadership in Education : a Phenomenon of Inquiry and Practice.
- Developing young children's mathematical learning outdoors : linking pedagogy and practice
Find what you need
Want some search tips? See our Catalogue search guide.
Not sure how to get started? Use our guide Start Your Research Here.
Using this guide
In addition to books, here are some other types of library resources you may want to strategically target:
- Academic subject-specific encyclopedias provide summaries of information and suggest further readings.
- Handbooks provide background or "how to" information about research methodologies or professional topics.
- In journals, primary source articles present original scholarly work, and they are often peer-reviewed. Also in journals, review articles (not to be confused with book reviews) summarize findings of all relevant publications into one coherent view of the topic.
- Theses or dissertations often provide thorough literature reviews on their topic.
- Children's literature information resources
- Contemplative inquiry resources
- Counselling resources
- Curriculum Collection
- Education law & legal resources
- MEd in Educational Practice
- Nature-based and place-conscious practices
- PDP guide: Resources for Professional Programs
- Ressources et outils pour l'éducation en français
- EDUC 100W: Selected Questions and Issues in Education
- EDUC 230: Introduction to Philosophy of Education
- EDUC 322: The Social Lives of School Children
- EDUC 390: Fairy Tales, Popular Culture, and Childhood
- EDUC 422: Learning Disabilities
- EDUC 464: Early Childhood Education
- EDUC 864: Research Designs in Education