New education books
- Project management in the ed tech era : how to successfully plan and manage your school's next innovation
- Education law in Canada : a guide for teachers and administrators
- Ensouling our schools : a universally designed framework for mental health, well-being, and reconciliation
- A novel approach : whole-class novels, student-centered teaching, and choice
- Incarnation : a philosophy of flesh
- Words of Christ
- The hidden journals : Captain Vancouver and his mapmaker : a personal journey of discovery
- Universities and colleges : a very short introduction
- Collecting and interpreting qualitative materials
- Welcoming practices : creating schools that support students and families in transition
- Impacting teaching and learning : contemplative practices, pedagogy, and research in education
- Truth and Reconciliation in Canadian Schools.
- Teaching core practices in teacher education
- Awakening from the daydream : reimagining the Buddha's wheel of life
- The flight of a butterfly or the path of a bullet? : using technology to transform teaching and learning
- Socially just pedagogies : posthumanist, feminist and materialist perspectives in higher education
- PAR EntreMundos : a pedagogy of the Américas
- Authentic learning : real-world experiences that build 21st-century skills
- I am the truth : toward a philosophy of Christianity
- Lesson planning for skills-based health education : meeting secondary-level national standards
- Elementary and middle school mathematics : teaching developmentally
- (Un)learning to teach through intercultural professional development
- Confucianism reconsidered : insights for American and Chinese education in the twenty-first century
- Millennial teachers of color
- Contemplation nation : how ancient practices are changing the way we live : papers from the State of Contemplative Practice in America, Fetzer Institute, Kalamazoo, Michigan, June 10-13, 2010
Find what you need
Want some search tips? See our Catalogue search guide.
Not sure how to get started? Use our guide Start Your Research Here.
Using this guide
In addition to books, here are some other types of library resources you may want to strategically target:
- Academic subject-specific encyclopedias provide summaries of information and suggest further readings.
- Handbooks provide background or "how to" information about research methodologies or professional topics.
- In journals, primary source articles present original scholarly work, and they are often peer-reviewed. Also in journals, review articles (not to be confused with book reviews) summarize findings of all relevant publications into one coherent view of the topic.
- Theses or dissertations often provide thorough literature reviews on their topic.
- PDP guide: Resources for Professional Programs
- Contemplative inquiry resources
- Education law: Legal information for education researchers
- Ressources et outils en ligne pour l'éducation en français
- Children's Literature information resources
- Curriculum Collection
- EDUC 100W: Selected Questions and Issues in Education
- EDUC 230: Introduction to Philosophy of Education
- EDUC 322: The Social Lives of School Children
- EDUC 390: Fairy Tales, Popular Culture, and Childhood
- EDUC 422: Learning Disabilities
- EDUC 464: Early Childhood Education
- EDUC 864: Research Designs in Education
- EDUC 866: MEd in Educational Practice
- EDUC 870/874: Counselling Skills & Theories