New education books
- Thinking, childhood, and time : contemporary perspectives on the politics of education
- Principals and teachers can't do it all : other factors that impact the success of students and schools
- GIRLS AND WOMEN OF COLOR IN STEM navigating the double bind in k-12.
- Deleuze, Guattari and the art of multiplicity
- Sparking student motivation : the power of teachers to rekindle a love for learning
- Everyday white people confront racial and social injustice.
- What is curriculum theory?
- Building great mental health professional-teacher teams : a systematic approach to social-emotional learning for students and educators
- Fostering the emotional well-being of our youth : a school-based approach
If you need help, please contact Melissa Smith, Librarian for the Faculty of Education, at 778.782.7419 or firstname.lastname@example.org. See also Ask a librarian if Melissa is not available or you have a general question.
Find what you need
Want some search tips? See our Catalogue search guide.
Not sure how to get started? Use our guide Start Your Research Here.
Using this guide
In addition to books, here are some other types of library resources you may want to strategically target:
- Academic subject-specific encyclopedias provide summaries of information and suggest further readings.
- Handbooks provide background or "how to" information about research methodologies or professional topics.
- In journals, primary source articles present original scholarly work, and they are often peer-reviewed. Also in journals, review articles (not to be confused with book reviews) summarize findings of all relevant publications into one coherent view of the topic.
- Theses or dissertations often provide thorough literature reviews on their topic.
- Children's literature information resources
- Educational leadership
- Contemplative inquiry resources
- Counselling resources
- Curriculum Collection
- Education law & legal resources
- MEd in Educational Practice
- Nature-based and place-conscious practices
- PDP guide: Resources for Professional Programs
- Ressources et outils pour l'éducation en français
- EDUC 100W: Selected Questions and Issues in Education
- EDUC 230: Introduction to Philosophy of Education
- EDUC 322: The Social Lives of School Children
- EDUC 390: Fairy Tales, Popular Culture, and Childhood
- EDUC 422: Learning Disabilities
- EDUC 464: Early Childhood Education
- EDUC 864: Research Designs in Education