New education books
- Psychology and adult learning : the role of theory in informing practice
- Critical Pedagogy in Hong Kong : Classroom Stories of Struggle and Hope.
- Using film and media in the language classroom : reflections on research-led teaching
- Mindsets and practices of the contemporary school counselor : a practical guide
- Developing Teachers' Assessment Literacy A Tapestry of Ideas and Inquiries.
- Education for total liberation : critical animal pedagogy and teaching against speciesism
- Keeper'n me
- You don't know Jack : a storyteller goes to school
- Advances in cognitive load theory : rethinking teaching
- Posthuman knowledge
- Coherent school leadership : forging clarity from complexity
- Positive working relationships in school : supporting emotional health and wellbeing
Find what you need
Want some search tips? See our Catalogue search guide.
Not sure how to get started? Use our guide Start Your Research Here.
Using this guide
In addition to books, here are some other types of library resources you may want to strategically target:
- Academic subject-specific encyclopedias provide summaries of information and suggest further readings.
- Handbooks provide background or "how to" information about research methodologies or professional topics.
- In journals, primary source articles present original scholarly work, and they are often peer-reviewed. Also in journals, review articles (not to be confused with book reviews) summarize findings of all relevant publications into one coherent view of the topic.
- Theses or dissertations often provide thorough literature reviews on their topic.
- Children's literature information resources
- Educational leadership
- Contemplative inquiry resources
- Counselling resources
- Curriculum Collection
- Education law & legal resources
- MEd in Educational Practice
- Nature-based and place-conscious practices
- PDP guide: Resources for Professional Programs
- Ressources et outils pour l'éducation en français
- EDUC 100W: Selected Questions and Issues in Education
- EDUC 230: Introduction to Philosophy of Education
- EDUC 322: The Social Lives of School Children
- EDUC 390: Fairy Tales, Popular Culture, and Childhood
- EDUC 422: Learning Disabilities
- EDUC 464: Early Childhood Education
- EDUC 864: Research Designs in Education