New education books
- Vibrant learning : an integrative approach to teaching content area disciplines
- The Cambridge handbook of multimedia learning
- Education law in Canada : a guide for teachers and administrators
- Philosophy and theory in educational research : writing in the margin
- Decentering the Researcher in Intimate Scholarship Critical Posthuman Methodological Perspectives in Education.
- Biosocial education : the social and biological entanglements of learning
- In praise of the cognitive emotions and other essays in the philosophy of education
- Creating Caring and Supportive Educational Environments for Meaningful Learning
- Reframing organizations : artistry, choice and leadership
- Guided inquiry design in action : elementary school
- Cultivating inclusive practices in contemporary K-12 education
- Academic publishing : issues and challenges in the construction of knowledge
- Self-study of language and literacy teacher education practices : culturally and linguistically diverse contexts
- Research studies on educating for diversity and social justice
- Navigating Micro-Aggressions Toward Women in Higher Education
- The schooled society : an introduction to the sociology of education
- Psychotherapy and the Highly Sensitive Person : Improving Outcomes for That Minority of People Who Are the Majority of Clients.
- Developing creativity and curiosity outdoors : how to extend creative learning in the early years
- Interdisciplinary Learning Activities
- Canadian curriculum studies : a métissage of inspiration/imagination/interconnection
- English As a Foreign Language Teachers' TPACK
- LOOKING AFTER LITERACY.
- Am I safe here? : LGBTQ teens and bullying in schools
- Theory and method in higher education research
- Education policy, equity and effectiveness : evidence of equity and effectiveness
Find what you need
Want some search tips? See our Catalogue search guide.
Not sure how to get started? Use our guide Start Your Research Here.
Using this guide
In addition to books, here are some other types of library resources you may want to strategically target:
- Academic subject-specific encyclopedias provide summaries of information and suggest further readings.
- Handbooks provide background or "how to" information about research methodologies or professional topics.
- In journals, primary source articles present original scholarly work, and they are often peer-reviewed. Also in journals, review articles (not to be confused with book reviews) summarize findings of all relevant publications into one coherent view of the topic.
- Theses or dissertations often provide thorough literature reviews on their topic.
- Children's literature information resources
- Contemplative inquiry resources
- Counselling resources
- Curriculum Collection
- Education law & legal resources
- MEd in Educational Practice
- Nature-based and place-conscious practices
- PDP guide: Resources for Professional Programs
- Ressources et outils pour l'éducation en français
- EDUC 100W: Selected Questions and Issues in Education
- EDUC 230: Introduction to Philosophy of Education
- EDUC 322: The Social Lives of School Children
- EDUC 390: Fairy Tales, Popular Culture, and Childhood
- EDUC 422: Learning Disabilities
- EDUC 464: Early Childhood Education
- EDUC 864: Research Designs in Education