New education books
- Emerging biology in the early years : how young children learn about the living world
- Brain-based learning : teaching the way students really learn
- The importance of philosophy in teacher education : mapping the decline and its consequences
- Pediatric health conditions in schools : a clinician's guide for working with children, families, and educators
- Exploring the affective dimensions of educational leadership : psychoanalytic and arts-based methods
- The educational intelligent economy : big data, artificial intelligence, machine learning and the internet of things in education
- Horrible white people : gender, genre, and television's precarious whiteness
- Belonging : a relationship-based approach for trauma-informed education
- Young and lonely the social conditions of loneliness tbc.
- The complexity of identity and interaction in language education
- Social and emotional learning in the classroom : promoting mental health and academic success
- Making music in Montessori : everything teachers need to harness their inner musician and bring music to life in their classrooms
- Mental health in education : building good foundations
- Mindfulness in the classroom : an evidence-based program to reduce disruptive behavior and increase academic engagement
- Tuning the student mind : a journey in consciousness-centered education
If you need help, please contact Melissa Smith, Librarian for the Faculty of Education, at 778.782.7419 or email@example.com, or Book an appointment. See also Ask a librarian if Melissa is not available or you have a general question.
Find what you need
Want some search tips? See our Catalogue search guide.
Not sure how to get started? Use our guide Start Your Research Here.
Using this guide
In addition to books, here are some other types of library resources you may want to strategically target:
- Academic subject-specific encyclopedias provide summaries of information and suggest further readings.
- Handbooks provide background or "how to" information about research methodologies or professional topics.
- In journals, primary source articles present original scholarly work, and they are often peer-reviewed. Also in journals, review articles (not to be confused with book reviews) summarize findings of all relevant publications into one coherent view of the topic.
- Theses or dissertations often provide thorough literature reviews on their topic.
- Children's literature information resources
- Educational leadership
- Contemplative inquiry resources
- Counselling resources
- Curriculum Collection
- Education law & legal resources
- MEd in Educational Practice
- Nature-based and place-conscious practices
- PDP guide: Resources for Professional Programs
- Ressources et outils pour l'éducation en français
- EDUC 100W: Selected Questions and Issues in Education
- EDUC 230: Introduction to Philosophy of Education
- EDUC 322: The Social Lives of School Children
- EDUC 390: Fairy Tales, Popular Culture, and Childhood
- EDUC 422: Learning Disabilities
- EDUC 464: Early Childhood Education
- EDUC 864: Research Designs in Education