New education books
- Using understanding by design in the culturally and linguistically diverse classroom
- Using virtual worlds in educational settings : making learning real
- Improving education in a world of politics : recommendations and strategies for effective political participation
- Optimizing instructional design methods in higher education
- Yoga, the body, and embodied social change : an intersectional feminist analysis
- Improving the viability and perception of HBCUS
- Refugees in higher education : debate, discourse and practice
- Educational Reciprocity and Adaptivity : International Students and Stakeholders.
- Whiteness at the table : antiracism, racism, and identity in education
- Toward what justice? : describing diverse dreams of justice in education
- The i5 approach : lesson planning that teaches thinking and fosters innovation
- Teaching while White addressing the intersections of race and immigration in the classroom
- Writing with Deleuze in the academy : creating monsters
- Beyond the behavior contract : a practical approach to dealing with challenging student behaviors
- Technology-supported teaching and research methods for educators
- Blood's will : speculative fiction, existence, and inquiry of currere
- The trainee teacher's handbook : a companion for initial teacher training
- Methods for analyzing and leveraging online learning data
- Inquiry-based early learning environments : creating, supporting, and collaborating
- Marginalia in modern learning contexts
- CHALLENGES FOR PUBLIC EDUCATION reconceptualising educational leadership, policy and social justice as resources for hope
- Culturally responsive school leadership
- I'm afraid of men
- Ubiquitous inclusive learning in a digital era
- Student-centered virtual learning environments in higher education
- Mindful alignment : foundations of educator flourishing
- POTLATCH AS PEDAGOGY.
- Who decides who becomes a teacher? : schools of education as sites of resistance
Find what you need
Want some search tips? See our Catalogue search guide.
Not sure how to get started? Use our guide Start Your Research Here.
Using this guide
In addition to books, here are some other types of library resources you may want to strategically target:
- Academic subject-specific encyclopedias provide summaries of information and suggest further readings.
- Handbooks provide background or "how to" information about research methodologies or professional topics.
- In journals, primary source articles present original scholarly work, and they are often peer-reviewed. Also in journals, review articles (not to be confused with book reviews) summarize findings of all relevant publications into one coherent view of the topic.
- Theses or dissertations often provide thorough literature reviews on their topic.
New! Storybooks Canada is a free and open educational online resource that aims to promote bilingualism and multilingualism in Canada. It makes 40 stories from the African Storybook available in the major immigrant and refugee languages of Canada, in addition to the official languages of English and French.
- Children's literature information resources
- Contemplative inquiry resources
- Counselling resources
- Curriculum Collection
- Education law & legal resources
- MEd in Educational Practice
- Nature-based and place-conscious practices
- PDP guide: Resources for Professional Programs
- Ressources et outils pour l'éducation en français
- EDUC 100W: Selected Questions and Issues in Education
- EDUC 230: Introduction to Philosophy of Education
- EDUC 322: The Social Lives of School Children
- EDUC 390: Fairy Tales, Popular Culture, and Childhood
- EDUC 422: Learning Disabilities
- EDUC 464: Early Childhood Education
- EDUC 864: Research Designs in Education