On this page
Research help. Contact Melissa Smith for research help by email/phone or to schedule an research consultation over Skype: email@example.com | 778.782.7419. For self-service help, see the other tabs in the Education Resources guide.
Writing help. A Writing Services Coordinator and a team of Graduate Writing Facilitators are available to work with graduate students at any stage of the writing process. Learn more about their services.
Help with Zotero or Mendeley. Use these tools to keep track of your sources, organize them, and produce your in-text citations and bibliography. To get started, visit Citation Management Software.
More services. Here's what you need to know about using the library and services available to grad students. Students in the Faculty of Education are also eligible for Telebook; that is, free delivery of library books to your home.
Resources about action research and data analysis
Handbooks provide "how to" information about research methods (and other professional topics).
- Search the Library Catalogue for books about action research
- Or use Sage Research Methods to find books & chapters that explain what's involved in the method(s) you're interested in.
- The SAGE handbook of action research edited by Hilary Bradbury
- The SAGE handbook of educational action research edited by Susan E. Noffke and Bridget Somekh
- Teacher inquiry: living the research in everyday practice by Anthony Clarke
- Handbook of reflection and reflective inquiry: mapping a way of knowing for professional reflective inquiry edited by Nona Lyons
- Action research methods: plain and simple edited by Sheri R. Klein
- Practitioner research in teacher education: theory and best practices by Issa M. Saleh and Myint Swe Khine
- "Coding" in Key Concepts in Ethnography
- Discourse Analysis by Nelson Phillips and Cynthia Hardy
- "Doing Interpretative Phenomenological Analysis" in Analysing Qualitative Data in Psychology
Search for articles by database
Education Source [search tips]
A comprehensive Education database, covering all levels of education from early childhood to higher education as well as multilingual education, health education and testing. Includes journals, books, conference papers, book reviews and educational tests.
ERIC (EBSCO) [search tips]
A comprehensive Education database, covering education research and practice. Includes journal articles, conference papers, curriculum guides, lesson plans, theses and dissertations and more.
See all our Education databases.
Find articles by browsing journals
Search within key journals (or browse their table of contents).
- Action Research
- Action in Teacher Education
- Canadian Journal of Action Research
- Educational Action Research
- Educational Insights (specifically Notes from the Field: 2010 | 2007 | 2006 | 2004 )
- Educational Researcher
- International Journal of Qualitative Studies in Education
- Journal of Education for Teaching
- Journal of Teacher Action Research
- Networks: An On-Line Journal for Teacher Research
- Reflective Practice
- Teachers and Teaching: theory and practice
- Teacher Educator