On this page
APA 7th edition resources
Note: APA released the 7th edition of the APA Style Guide in late 2019. This is the first new edition in 10 years.
Please confirm with your individual instructors which APA edition (6th and/or 7th) is acceptable for your classes: this may vary by instructor-by-instructor.
- SFU Library Writing & Style Guides
- APA / MLA / Chicago / Turabian
- Publication manual of the American Psychological Association. 6th ed. [print]
- The official APA Style Blog -6th edition (archived) -- Covers many citation problems not addressed in the print manual.
- Referencing and Citation Manager Software -- Zotero, Mendeley, and more
- SFU Library plagiarism guide -- Discusses what plagiarism is and how you can avoid it. Includes a plagiarism tutorial to test yourself on the topic of plagiarism.
- APA Style Tutorial (2019), by Kari Weaver & University of Waterloo Instructional Design Team
Library research tutorials
- View the library's self-directed tutorials and guides. Popular tutorials include Start Your Research Here, What is a Scholarly Journal?, and What is Plagiarism?
- How to Do a Systematic Review: A Best Practice Guide for Conducting and Reporting Narrative Reviews, Meta-Analyses, and Meta-Syntheses Andy P. Siddaway, Alex M. Wood, Larry V. Hedges. Annual Review of Psychology 2019 70:1, 747-770. Written for Psychology researchers in particular.
- Research: Literature reviews for graduate students
- SFU Library's Guide to Scholarly Publishing -- Funding for publishing, open access, metrics, author rights, repositories.
- APA Journal Acceptance Rates -- Acceptance rates, number of articles submitted, online to print time.
- Student Learning Commons' handouts about writing for university.
- Writing your thesis or dissertation? See SFU Library Thesis Assistance.
- Psychology Theses and Dissertations -- authored by SFU students
- Finding Topics with an Issue for Effective Persuasive Writing -- Great video co-authored by an SFU Librarian on persuasive writing.