- DSM-V / Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition
- Annual review of psychology -- Journal summarizing annual developments in the field of Psychology.
- Sage Research Methods Online -- Database specializing in research methodologies.
- Online Reference Sources -- Library guide to our vast range of online references.
- APA handbooks available via PsycBOOKS.
- Note: some APA handbooks may not be listed in the catalogue. You will have to search for them directly in PsycBOOKS, for instance:
- Handbook of Psychology -- Broad overview of hundreds of Psychology topics, from assessment to meta-analysis.
- Steven's Handbook of Experimental Psychology
Encyclopedias and Dictionaries
Online library encyclopedias will provide you with a foundational overview of your topic before you start researching and writing. Scholarly encyclopedias are written specifically for academic researchers by experts in the field.
General Psychology Encyclopedias
- Psychology encyclopedias or Psychology dictionaries. Examples:
Biological Psychology & Neuroscience
- Neuroscience encyclopedias. Examples:
- Encyclopedia of aging (2002)
- Encyclopedia of creativity (2011)
- Encyclopedia of human development (2006)
- Handbook of death and dying (2003)