Virtual and On-Campus Consultations available
Students can book virtual and/or on-campus consultations using our WCO schedules (select either "virtual" or the campus where you wish to see a consultant). Students can continue to access asynchronous writing support through Write Away at writeaway.ca
Masks are encouraged for on-campus consultations.
Watch these short videos to learn some key tips for making the most of your virtual consultations:
Virtual Consultations are hosted through WCOnline (the same space where you book SLC consultations).
Did you know? You can now choose between on-campus or virtual consultation options on any of our on-campus booking schedules (Burnaby, Surrey, and Vancouver).
Hot tip: You can go into the virtual consultation space before your consultation starts to make sure you are familiar with the way WCO works. This step will help you avoid tech delays during your booked consultation time.
Each appointment length can be adjusted to book up to 60 minutes. When possible, we recommend students book 60 minutes to allow enough time for a consultant to address your priority issues. Once you book a consultation, you will receive an appointment confirmation email, which will include more information about how to access your online consultation.
In order to access your consultation, you will need to:
- Log back into WCOnline.
- Click on your appointment time.
- Then click on "Start or Join Online Consultation"
You will then be taken into a virtual room where you can meet your consultant.
- You can use the wait list function to be sent a notification if a booked appointment time becomes available. Virtual Consultations can be booked up to 2 hours prior to the start time of the appointment.
- Please upload any assignment guidelines and written drafts you plan to show at the consultation to your appointment booking. You can upload files any time prior to or during your consultation.
More information about SLC consultations
- Types of consultations available to students
- How to book a consultation & important information about consultations
- Drop-ins: How drop-in consultations work
- View consultation schedules
- No consultations available? Here is an infographic to support you revising your own writing!
If you experience technical difficulties with this platform, please see this troubleshooting advice. If you are late for a consultation or unable to connect due to technical issues, please let us know asap at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have further questions, contact us at email@example.com.