Services and resources that support academic writing
Academic writing is a challenging but ultimately rewarding way to engage with ideas, hone critical thinking skills, and deepen your insights.
Start here to find resources to help with all aspects of the writing process: from understanding your assignment expectations to creating and organizing sound arguments, to editing your drafts with more confidence. You can also meet with someone one-on-one to receive feedback on your writing (the SLC provides writing consultations on all 3 campuses and online through Write Away) or take a free workshop to learn about writing strategies in a group setting.
- Introduction to academic writing
- Typical writing assignments
- Writing in the disciplines
- Argumentation and thesis statements
- Organization and paragraphs
- Honing your style
- Revising, editing, and proofreading
- Working with sources
- Academic writing in French
- Sample undergraduate papers from the SLC writing contest - Volume 3 now available
- NEW! Inclusive and antiracist writing resources