Get in touch with your liaison librarian to arrange a workshop, suggest a purchase, or learn more about the library.
Contact Deborah Hemming at email@example.com or 778.782.7419.
Accessing Library collections
Find what you need
- The Curriculum Collection has materials for the K-12 classroom, such as children's literature, teaching guides and kits, and textbooks.
- Media collections contain educational DVDs that can be used in SFU and practicum classrooms.
- Access our online resources (e.g. streaming video, ebooks, articles) via the library catalogue and databases.
Interlibrary loan | Suggest a purchase
You can put books, photocopies, personal copies, and online articles/websites on reserve. Learn more about Reserve Services for Faculty.
Teaching and learning services
The Library is also your partner in providing customized information and instruction services on topics including;
- finding materials students can use in their practicums
- conducting library research for inquiry projects
- teaching information literacy skills
- using a citation management tool (e.g. Zotero, Mendeley)
- other topics, by request
Contact Deborah Hemming at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like your students to benefit from a library workshop, web guide or Canvas tutorial.
Consult the PDP library guide for more information about library resources for Professional Programs.
Academic writing & learning
The Student Learning Commons helps students with academic writing and learning.
Find answers to your questions
Frequently asked questions:
- Is it okay to use images or other material from the Internet for educational purposes? See Copyright FAQs for instructors.
- What reference management tools does SFU Library support? See Citation management software and tools.
- Is there an easier way to access online library resources off-campus? See Off-campus bookmarklet.
See more FAQs for answers to specific questions.
Not finding answers to your questions? Contact us.