- Society for American Archaeology Style Guide
- "Editorial policy and style guide for American Antiquity" April (1983): 429-442
- The archaeologist's Field Handbook [print]
- The preparation of archeological reports [print]
- Presenting the past [print]
- SFU Library guides to citation styles: APA | MLA | Chicago/Turabian
- Referencing and citation management software
- SFU Learning Commons assistance
- Writing for University: Learn or review the strategies and processes involved in academic writing and research, including writing for specific genres or disciplines, drafting your paper, self-editing, and writing at the graduate level.
- Writing Handouts: Find quick tips on how to structure your research and essay from this series of two-page handouts provided by the Student Learning Commons.
- Start with: Writing and Submitting your Thesis
- The Library also has a number of books on this topic
- Browse search by subject Dissertations, Academic -- Handbooks, manuals, etc. in Catalogue to find titles
- A practical guide to the qualitative dissertation [online or print]
- Guide to writing empirical papers, theses, and dissertations [online or print]