You can find all of SFU's books and journals (both online and print) in the SFU Library Catalogue.
Check out our new books in Archaeology.
- The shore is a bridge : the maritime cultural landscape of Lake Ontario
- People in the mountains : current approaches to the archaeology of mountainous landscapes
- Woman the gatherer
- The foraging spectrum : diversity in hunter-gatherer lifeways
- Food and culture : a reader
- Who we are and how we got here : ancient DNA and the new science of the human past
- Food and culture : a reader
- Considering creativity : creativity, knowledge and practice in Bronze Age Europe
- Tarascan pottery production in Michoacán, Mexico : an ethnoarchaeological perspective
- Life in oil : Cofán survival in the petroleum fields of Amazonia
- The emergence of agriculture
- The archaeology and politics of food and feasting in early states and empires
Start with these databases to find articles in the field of Archaeology. You may also want to view database lists such as Biological Sciences, Geography, First Nations, etc. as appropriate for your specific research topic.
Indexes core journal articles, conference proceedings, and other resources in the sciences, social sciences, arts, and humanities, can be used for citation analysis of research. A citation index contains the references cited by the authors of the publications covered by the index. You can use these references to do a cited reference search. This type of search enables you to find works that cite a previously published work.
Index for all aspects of Native North American culture, history, and life.
Human and physical geography.
Key database for Anthropological journal articles.
A repository of over one million digital images and related data.
Full-text data on archaeological traditions from around the world. Text is subject-indexed for quick information retrieval.
Source documents on cultures of the world.
For further suggestions, see the full list of Archaeology databases.
For information on a specific site, try searching:
- The Library's Archaeology and Anthropology databases by site name.
- The Library Catalogue:
- By keyword, using "site report" and place name; or the subject terms below.
- By subject heading, using:
- Excavations (archaeology) -- [Place].
- Indians of North America -- [Place] -- Antiquities.
- [Place] -- Antiquities.
- New! Issue 50. Big Data on the Roman Table: new approaches to tablewares in the Roman world Edited by Penelope Allison, Martin Pitts and Sarah Colley
- New! A Medieval Building and its Contents at Island Farm, Ottery St Mary, East Devon: excavations in 2014
- New! Issue 49. Dare to Choose — Making Choices in Archaeological Heritage Management. EAC symposium proceedings
- New! Iron Age Settlement in Wales, a themed issue
- New! Putting the Palaeolithic into Worcestershire's HER: An evidence base for development management
From Stone Pages (Stonehenge, stone circles, and other archaeology of megalithic Europe)