On this page
Associations and organizations
- Archaeological Society of British Columbia
- Canadian Archaeological Association
- Canadian Heritage Information Network -- access to a national inventory of nearly 4 million museum objects, including cultural and historical artefacts and natural science specimens; bibliographies and data dictionaries; research and reference tools and more
- Resources of Scholarly Societies - Archaeology -- facilitates access to websites of scholarly societies across the world.
- Underwater Archaeological Society of BC
Directories of websites & blogs
Produced by the Oriental Institute in Chicago, Abzu is a guide to sites in the Ancient Near East.
Archaeology - WWW Virtual Library
A list of reviewed Web sites on anthropology and prehistoric archaeology.
Archaeology Data Service
The aim of the Archaeology Data Service (ADS) is to collect, describe, catalogue, preserve, and provide user support for digital resources that are created as a product of archaeological research.
Archaeology from About.com
A commercial site designed to present information about archaeology from around the world, including excavations past and present, museums, educational resources, cultural histories, and information about past and present inhabitants.
This site includes links to academic departments, news groups, electronic journals, museums as well as links to information on archaeological regions and to subjects such as archaeometry, ceramics, ethnohistory, geoarchaeology, lithic and more.
Fairly active and well-written blog offering the author's personal insights on archaeology and relevant issues.
Comprehensive listing of Rock Art sites on the Internet
Guides to archaeology research
- Applied Archaeology and Cultural Resource Management (CRM): Guide to Research Materials (SFU Library)
- Archaeology in British Columbia (Ministry of Forests, Lands, and Natural Resources)
- America's ancient treasures: a guide to archaeological sites and museums in the United States and Canada [print]
- Annual review of anthropology
- Keyguide to information sources in archaeology [print]
- Projectile Point Types: Neverending Draft Bibliography
- Leon Recanati Institute for Maritime Studies -- Includes access to the R.I.M.S. Newsletter and other marine archaeology resources relevant to the Haifa region