The latest updates on in-person services and Library resources for remote research, teaching, and learning during COVID-19.
Borrowing & digital delivery
All regular in-person borrowing services are available, at all three Library locations.
SFU faculty, students, and staff can request chapters from print books at all Library locations to be scanned for digital delivery. To request a scan:
- From the Library Catalogue use the scan pages option to request your chapter or section.
- We will email your book chapter to you within 7 days.
Requests must abide by the limitations on copying set out under SFU's Fair Dealing guidelines.
You can return most items to any of our SFU Library locations.
Library collections and resources
You are welcome to visit the W.A.C. Bennett (SFU Burnaby), Fraser (SFU Surrey), and Belzberg Library (SFU Vancouver) to access and borrow books and other physical materials.
SFU Faculty, staff, and students can also access thousands of online journals, ebooks and databases via the SFU Library Catalogue. Or, if you find your articles using websites like Google Scholar, PubMed, or directly through publishers' sites, see Accessing online resources from off campus.
SFU Alumni can access some SFU-licensed resources, and a growing number of open access resources.
Library facilities, spaces, and labs
Library facilities and spaces are available, including:
- study space and computer labs at W.A.C. Bennett (SFU Burnaby) and Fraser (SFU Surrey), and Belzberg (SFU Vancouver) Libraries
- for graduate students and postdoctoral fellows: the Research Commons at Bennett and SFU Vancouver
- Media and Maker Commons
- for external users: guest access to public computer workstations
- off-campus access to Library lab computers (see Access Library lab computers and software from off campus).
Research help and consultations
Research help is available, including Ask a Librarian and consultation appointments.
For Learning, Writing, and English as an Additional Language consultations for undergraduates, see the Student Learning Commons.
Workshops & instruction
See All workshops for all current Library instruction and workshop listings (including remote and online).
Information for instructors
The Student Learning Commons also offers many resources for instructors to use in classes and tutorials.