On this page
SFU Public Policy capstone projects
Browse for past Public Policy capstone projects within SFU's online open access repository, Summit.
For more advanced searching and sorting capabilities, look for Public Policy projects in the Library catalogue:
- Theses (Master of Public Policy Program) for projects completed between 2005 and 2010
- Project (Master of Public Policy Program) for projects completed from 2010 onwards
- You can also check the Thesis Registration System for the full text of newly submitted projects
- UNESCO's MOST Phase 1 (1994-2003) and MOST Phase 2: Digital Library (2003-) Management of Social Transformations discussion paper and policy paper series, UNESCO
- OECD's Policy briefs listed by topic, country, or date
- Issuelab Provides access to social policy materials from a broad range of non-profit organizations
- Social Science Research Network (SSRN) papers across various policy areas from "a number of specialized research networks"
- Aboriginal Canada Portal (archived) and several other Canadian government websites via the Internet Archive, provided by The University of Toronto Libraries
- ARCHIVESCANADA.ca "Gateway to archival resources found in over 800 repositories across Canada"
Associations, organizations, think tanks and institutes
- C.D. Howe Institute Nonpartisan public policy think tank
- Caledon Institute of Social Policy has wound down, but there is still an Archive of reports
- Canada's Public Policy Forum "Independent, non-governmental organization dedicated to improving the quality of government in Canada through dialogue among leaders from all sectors of Canadian society"
- Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives (CCPA) Independent research organization with many downloadable research reports
- Canadian Policy Research Networks (CPRN) has wound down, but there is an archive of online reports
- The Conference Board of Canada A not-for-profit applied research organization; for a selection of reports Browse SFU catalogue by Author
- Fraser Institute "studying, measuring, and broadly communicating the effects of government policies"
- Institute for Research on Public Policy (IRPP) An independent think tank. See their publications for downloadable research reports and their links to other Canadian & international think tanks, institutes, and research centres
- Institute on Governance "An independent, Canada-based, not-for-profit public interest institution"
- Parkland Institute "Alberta-wide, non-partisan research centre"
- Policy Horizons Organization within Federal government providing "integrated perspectives on policy issues for the deputy minister community"
- See also: Canadian Think Tanks list from the University of Alberta
U.S. and International
- NBER Working Papers National Bureau of Economic Research "non-profit, non-partisan organization dedicated to conducting economic research"
- NIRA World Directory of Think Tanks good starting point for locating public policy research institutes outside of Canada
- List of IGOs (Northwestern)
- PolicyArchive "archive of global, non-partisan public policy research"
- Quality of Government Institute (QoG) Sweden Includes research publications and data sets
Other SFU library guides
- Political Science
- Finding Government Resources & Information
- Urban Studies
- Canadian Health Care Policy
- GIS & maps resources
Legal and legislative resources:
- Legal Information
- Historical Federal Legislation
- Supreme Court of Canada Cases Involving Indigenous Peoples
- GALLOP Portal government and legislative documents from legislative libraries across Canada
- Research Publications from the Library of Parliament