On this page
This subject guide identifies selected print and electronic sources available to SFU students, faculty and staff for Public Policy research.
If you need help, please contact Nina Smart, Liaison Librarian, at 778.782.5043, email@example.com (Monday (wfh) to Thursday ) or Book a research appointment. See also Ask a librarian if Nina is not available or you have a general question.
Highlighted resources for Public Policy
LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
"thousands of in-depth step-by-step video tutorials, taught by experts, on software development, design practices, business skills, web development"
Canadian public policy documents from government and nonprofit organizations as well as think tanks
Services for Public Policy students
Research assistance for the Public Policy Program is centred at Belzberg Library at SFU Vancouver's Harbour Centre.
- Canadian health care policy by the Health Sciences Librarian
- Cultural policy (CMNS 334 page) by the Contemporary Arts Librarian
- Economic Policy "epic" blog post on researching economic policy topics by the Economics Librarian
- Environmental Policy
- Public Policy for Women (GSWS 350/824 page)
- Urban Housing Policy
Help with course assignments
- Introduction to Policy Issues and Analysis PLCY 800
- Quantitative Methods for Policy Analysts PLCY 818
- Indigenous Policy PLCY 821
New Public Policy books
- Datafication of public opinion and the public sphere : how extraction replaced expression of opinion /
- Good international citizenship : the case for decency /
- When communities design aid : creating solutions to poverty that people own, use and need /
- Institutions and incentives in public policy : an analytical assessment of non-market decision-making /