On this page
- CIA World Factbook country profiles, comparison, and reference maps
- Columbia International Affairs Online country briefs, policy briefs, case studies, journals, books and more
- Canadian Trade Commissioner Service: Country & Sector Information from an international business perspective
- Government of Canada and Departments and Agencies
- Parliament of Canada official website for the Canadian Parliament
- LEGISinfo information on legislation currently before the Parliament of Canada
- Policies, directives, standards and guidelines Treasury Board
- Policy Horizons Canada "to help the Government of Canada develop future-oriented policy and programs"
- Public Service Commission of Canada "non-partisan, merit-based and representative public service that serves all Canadians"
- Ministries and Organizations Government of British Columbia
- See also: Government resources: Canadian federal, provincial, and local
- Atlas of Canada maps and tools available through National Resources Canada
- SimplyAnalytics create maps based on Canadian census data
- VanMap create dynamic maps of city snow removal routes, election outcomes, car share parking and more
- Atlas of Global Development World Bank thematic maps and graphs
- See also: GIS & maps page and Geospacial databases. For assistance with maps and GIS contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Statistics and Microdata
- Statistics Canada the nation's statistical agency
- Statistics Canada Data (formerly CANSIM) Provides fast and easy access to a large range of statistics in Canada.
- Census Program Canadian government website for the Census
- CMHC Housing Market Information Portal (CMHC) Canadian authority on housing information, portal provides an interactive tool that will enable you to find up-to-date information on specific geographic regions
- BCStats Publications provincial agency for statistics, providing "high quality data intelligence about British Columbia’s citizens, economy & government," including People, Population & Community
- Metro Vancouver Regional Data and Statistics local data and statistics for the Metro Vancouver region
- See also: Statistical resources page and Statistical Sources databases. For further assistance, contact email@example.com
- United States of America (U.S. Census Bureau) National and State information
- FCSM Data Releases Federal Committee on Statistical Methodology
- Statistical Abstract of the United States (2013-) "comprehensive summary of statistics on the social, political, and economic organization of the United States"
- Eurostat European Union statistical office dedicated to providing high-quality statistics on Europe
- OECD iLibrary online library for the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development, providing access to books, papers and statistics
- IMF data International Monetary Fund provides data, information, and research to ensure the stability of the international monetary system
- UNdata a database for United Nations data and statistics
- World Development Indicators interactive database including data on world development indicators
- IMD World Competitiveness Online "Annual statistics on competitiveness of nations"
- Abacus Dataverse Network direct data downloading, extraction and analysis, in cooperation with SFU, UBC and UVIC
- City of Vancouver Open Data Portal public site providing access to some data files
- BC Data Catalogue public site providing access to thousands of datasets
- ICPSR Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research, University of Michigan social science data files
- See also: Microdata Resources page and list of Datasets. For assistance, contact the SFU Research Data Library team at firstname.lastname@example.org