This guide is designed to help you get started with your Political Science research.
If you want help getting started with Political Science research, the Start your research here guide talks about steps in the research process, offers suggestions, and includes links to helpful resources. The guides below offer suggestions and sources for specific learning tracks, popular courses, and specialized research resources.
By learning track
These guides provide help with specific learning track topics:
- Diplomacy, defense & development
- Diversity & migration
- Justice & law
- Public policy & democratic governance
- Research methods & analysis
These guides provide help with specific course topics and assignments:
- POL 100: Introduction to politics and government
- POL 151: Justice and law
- POL 452W/856: Energy Policy
By specialized resource
These guides provide help with specialized political science resources:
Finding government resources & information
Provides links to guides on Canadian federal bills, legal cases, statistics, government publications, and various internet resources, including those for other countries.
News resources: Finding newspaper articles and newspapers
Provides links to and information about news resources (e.g. databases), as well websites, directories, associations, statistics, media industry analysis links, and style guides.
Data and statistics
Provides links to and information about data and statistical resources, including how to locate, acquire, and cite these resources.
Grey literature: What it is & how to find it
Defines grey literature as information produced outside of traditional publishing and distribution channels (e.g. industry or company reports, newsletters, government documents, urban plans, etc.); provides search-strategies, tools, and resources for discovering such resources.
- The political economy of security/development in the neoliberal age : R2P and the UN /
- Colonizing Palestine : the Zionist left and the making of the Palestinian Nakba /
- Neorealism and its critics /
- Activists beyond borders : advocacy networks in international politics /
- The madman in the White House : Sigmund Freud, Ambassador Bullitt, and the lost psychobiography of Woodrow Wilson /
- Nationalism as a claim to a state : the Greek Revolution of 1821 and the formation of modern Greece /
To recommend additional items for the library collection, you can Suggest a title for purchase.