This guide is designed to help you get started with your Political Science research.
If you need help, please contact Baharak Yousefi, Librarian for History, International Studies, Liberal Studies, & Political Science at 778.782.5033 (currently suspended due to university closure) or firstname.lastname@example.org or Ask a librarian.
If you want help getting started with Political Science research, the Start your research here guide talks about steps in the research process, offers suggestions, and includes links to helpful resources. The guides below offer suggestions and sources for specific learning tracks, popular courses, and specialized research resources.
By learning track
These guides provide help with specific learning track topics:
- Diplomacy, defense & development
- Diversity & migration
- Justice & law
- Public policy & democratic governance
- Research methods & analysis
These guides provide help with specific course topics and assignments:
- POL 100: Introduction to politics and government
- POL 151: Justice and law
- POL 452W/856: Energy Policy
By specialized resource
These guides provide help with specialized political science resources:
Finding government resources & information
Provides links to guides on Canadian federal bills, legal cases, statistics, government publications, and various internet resources, including those for other countries.
News resources: Finding newspaper articles and newspapers
Provides links to and information about news resources (e.g. databases), as well websites, directories, associations, statistics, media industry analysis links, and style guides.
Data and statistics
Provides links to and information about data and statistical resources, including how to locate, acquire, and cite these resources.
Grey literature: What it is & how to find it
Defines grey literature as information produced outside of traditional publishing and distribution channels (e.g. industry or company reports, newsletters, government documents, urban plans, etc.); provides search-strategies, tools, and resources for discovering such resources.
- The gayborhood : from sexual liberation to cosmopolitan spectacle
- Lyndon Johnson and the postwar order in the Middle East, 1962-1967
- (Re-)Mobilising Voters in Britain and the United States : Political Strategies from Parties and Grassroots Organisations (1867-2020)
- L'accueil hors des grandes villes
- Beyond the protest square : digital media and augmented dissent
- Reclaiming patriotism in an age of extremes
- The idea of Europe : the clash of projections
- Sovereignty as value
- Cold war frequencies : CIA clandestine radio broadcasting to the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe
- Between containment and rollback : the United States and the Cold War in Germany
- The end of populism : twenty proposals to defend liberal democracy
- Du Bois : a critical introduction
To recommend additional items for the library collection, you can Suggest a title for purchase.