On this page
This subject guide identifies selected print and electronic sources available to SFU students, faculty and staff for Urban Studies research.
If you need help, please contact Nina Smart, Liaison Librarian, at 778.782.5043, firstname.lastname@example.org (Monday (wfh) to Thursday ), or Book an appointment, See also Ask a librarian if Nina is not available or you have a general question.
Services for Urban Studies students
Research assistance for the Urban Studies Program is centred at Belzberg Library at SFU Vancouver's Harbour Centre.
Help with course assignments
- Urban Transportation URB 660
- Urban Housing Policy URB 665
- Urban Research Methods URB 670
- Seminar in Urban Studies URB 696
- Urban Professional Development URB 601 & 602
Topic and related pages
- Aging and the City
- Car-Free & Car-Light Areas in Cities (BUS 360 wiki)
- Cities and Crisis (GEOG 364)
- Urban Energy Futures (Semester in Dialogue)
- Urban Bylaws, Legislation and Planning Resources
- Women and Cities (GSWS 411 / URB 695)
- Using SPSS for your research? See: SPSS Resources page
New Urban Studies books
- We are not like them : a novel /
- Sick city : disease, race, inequality and urban land /
- The geography of urban transportation /
- Smashing statues : the rise and fall of America's public monuments /
- Perspectives on Homelessness.
- Atlas of improbable places : a journey to the world's most unusual corners /
- Happy city : transforming our lives through urban design /
- Getting the goods : ports, labor, and the logistics revolution /
- Urban transport and land use planning : a synthesis of global knowledge /
- Life in the city of dirty water : a memoir of healing /
- Making better lives : hope, freedom and home-making among people sleeping rough in Paris /
- Movement : how to take back our streets and transform our lives.
- A guidebook to contemporary architecture in Vancouver /
- Nonprofit neighborhoods : an urban history of inequality and the American state /
- Risky cities : the physical and fiscal nature of disaster capitalism /
- SUSTAINABLE URBAN DEVELOPMENT : topics, trends and solutions.
- Justice at work : the rise of economic and racial justice coalitions in cities /
- Advancing urban rights : equality and diversity in the city /
- Going remote : how the flexible work economy can improve our lives and our cities /