On this page
This subject guide identifies selected print and electronic sources available to SFU students, faculty and staff for Urban Studies research.
If you need help, please contact Nina Smart, Liaison Librarian, at 778.782.5043 or firstname.lastname@example.org (Monday to Thursday ), or Ask a librarian.
Services for Urban Studies students
Research assistance for the Urban Studies Program is centred at Belzberg Library at SFU Vancouver's Harbour Centre.
Help with course assignments
Topic and related pages
- Aging and the City
- Car-Free & Car-Light Areas in Cities wiki created for BUS 360
- Urban Energy Futures page created for Dialogue semester
- Urban Transportation
- Urban Bylaws, Legislation and Planning Resources
- See also: SPSS Resources videos, books, discussion forum and more
New Urban Studies books
- Cities around the world : struggles and solutions to urban life
- Villages in cities : housing, co-operatives, land trusts and Milton-Parc
- Urban Chinese governance, contention, and social control in the new millennium
- Infrastructures in practice : the dynamics of demand in networked societies
- Building migrant cities in the Gulf : urban transformation in the Middle East
- New Orleans : garden city extraordinaire.
- Garden cities and colonial planning : transnationality and urban ideas in Africa and Palestine
- New urban spaces : urban theory and the scale question
- From fallow : 100 ideas for abandoned urban landscapes
- Public space : between reimagination and occupation
- ENVISIONING BETTER CITIES : a global tour of good ideas.