How and where do I print in the library?
Where are the printers?
How do I print?
At the computer:
- Check your Papercut account: Before printing your document(s), check to see if you have enough printing credit for the pages you want to print:
- To add money to your Papercut account (see How to pay for printing and copying)
- Choose the right printer: Print document and select printing queue: Mono (for B&W) or Colour.
At the printer:
- Retrieve your print job:
- At the printer log in to Papercut using SFU Computing ID and password
- Select jobs to print (PRINT ALL to release all print jobs or PRINT RELEASE to release individual print jobs)
- Log out of printer.
Can I use the same printing account at all SFU libraries?
Yes. You can also use the same printing account in all SFU libraries and IT Services labs.
How long will my print job stay in the printer?
After you send something to the printer from a library workstation, your print job stays in the printer queue for one hour.
If you do not complete or print off your print job within this one hour limit, you will have to re-send your document to the printer.
How much does printing cost, how do I pay, and how do I get a refund?
For payment options, and how to get a refund, see How to pay for printing and copying.
For prices, see How much does it cost to print or make copies at the SFU Library?
How can I print in colour, or different document sizes?
See Can I print or copy special document sizes and types at the Library?
I'm having trouble printing the results of my searches.
Sometimes when I try to print something too many pages get charged to my printing card, some pages are printed blank, some are just not printed at all.
When I try to print PDF document, the printer outputs blank pages.
They have been replaced by the new Papercut printing accounts. You can no longer use printer cards.