Where are the printers/scanners/copiers?
How do I print or copy?
Printers/copiers/scanners use the printing account system Papercut.
At the computer:
- Check your Papercut account: Before printing your document(s), check to see if you have enough printing credit for the pages you want to print:
- To add money to your Papercut account How to pay for printing and copying
- Choose the right queue: Select either black and white (mono) or colour printing/copying.
At the printer/copier/scanner:
- At the printer/copier/scanner log in to Papercut using SFU Computing ID and password
- Select jobs to print or copy (PRINT ALL to release all print jobs or PRINT RELEASE to release individual print jobs or opt to photocopy).
- Log out of printer.
How do I scan a document?
You may scan to email at any SFU library or scan to a USB device at the Bennett or Belzberg Libraries. Scan to USB is not available at the Fraser Library.
To scan to a USB device:
- Select PRINT/SCAN (MEMORY STORAGE DEVICE)
- Select SCAN TO STORAGE DEVICE
- Select SCAN SETTINGS to change settings
- Select FINISH SCAN when done, or continue scanning by selecting START after each page
- Select USB icon to eject device
Can I use the same printing account at all SFU libraries?
Yes. You can also use the same printing account in IT Services' labs.
How much does printing cost, how do I pay, and how do I get a refund?
For payment options, and how to get a refund, see How to pay for printing and copying.
For prices, see How much does it cost to print or make copies at the SFU Library?
How can I print in colour, or different document sizes?
How long will my print job stay in the printer?
After you send something to the printer from a library workstation, your print job stays in the queue for one hour.
If you do not complete or print off your print or copy job within this one hour limit, you will have to re-send your document to the printer/copier/scanner.
Can I use my own paper?
No. If you need to use your own paper for special purposes, you will need to go to a photocopy shop.
Where can I make copies from microfiche or microfilm?
Copiers are included in most of the microfiche and microfilm readers. You use the same Printing/Photocopy card you use for photocopying and printing.
For more information, please see What are microforms and how do I access them?
Sometimes when I try to print something too many pages get charged to my printing card, some pages are printed blank, some are just not printed at all.
When I try to print PDF document, the printer outputs blank pages.
Printing at SFU (outside the Library)
For SFU IT Services' information on printing services at all three SFU campuses, see Student Printing Services.