- See Citation & Style Guides for the SFU Library guides to citation styles such as APA, MLA, and Chicago and to specific types of materials such as legal resources.
- Citation management software and tools collect your article, book, or other document citations together in one place, and help you create bibliographies in almost any style — in seconds. Citation management tools also help you keep track of your sources while you work and store your references for future use and reuse.
- SFU Library guide on plagiarism and how you can avoid it.
- SFU Library interactive tutorial Understanding and Avoiding Plagiarism to test yourself and to learn more about plagiarism. (Note that instructors can also import this tutorial as a module in Canvas courses.)
Guides to economic research
Economics research guides and bibliographies list key sources and explain research methods in the field. The following guides will lead you to further information. To find further sources, try searching the catalogue by SUBJECT for Economics - Research, Economics - Methodology, or Economics - Bibliography.
SFU Learning Commons assistance
- Academic writing resources: Learn or review the strategies and processes involved in academic writing and research, including writing for specific genres or disciplines, drafting your paper, self-editing, and writing at the graduate level.
- Writing Handouts: Find quick tips on how to structure your research and essay from this series of two-page handouts provided by our Student Learning Commons.
The SFU Library also has a number of books on writing theses: try the SUBJECT Dissertations, Academic -- Handbooks, manuals, etc. in a catalogue search to find titles such as:
- Writing a graduate thesis or dissertation (2016)
- How to write a better thesis (2014)
- A practical guide to the qualitative dissertation (2007) [online or print]
- Guide to writing empirical papers, theses, and dissertations (2002) [online or print]
- Guide to the successful thesis and dissertation: a handbook for students and faculty (2003) [online or print]
- Our Scholarly Publishing guide will answer some of your questions about retaining copyright to your published work, publishing Open Access copies of your articles, and much more.