- See Citation & Style Guides for the SFU Library guides to citation styles such as APA, MLA, and Chicago and to specific types of materials such as legal resources.
- Citation management software and tools collect your article, book, or other document citations together in one place, and help you create bibliographies in almost any style — in seconds. Citation management tools also help you keep track of your sources while you work and store your references for future use and reuse.
- SFU Library guide on Avoiding Plagiarism
- SFU Library interactive tutorial Understanding and Avoiding Plagiarism to test yourself and to learn more about plagiarism. (Note that instructors can also import this tutorial as a module in Canvas courses.)
- The student's guide to writing economics
- Economical writing: thirty-five rules for clear and persuasive prose (print: PE 1479 E35 M33 2019)
- Writing for economics : from Jane Austen to John Nash (print: PE 1479 E35 W75 2016)
- See also the many general/academic writing books and ebooks listed in our guide to Business Writing
SFU Learning Commons assistance
- Academic writing resources: Learn or review the strategies and processes involved in academic writing and research, including writing for specific genres or disciplines, drafting your paper, self-editing, and writing at the graduate level.
- Writing Handouts: Find quick tips on how to structure your research and essay from this series of two-page handouts provided by our Student Learning Commons.
The SFU Library also has a number of books on writing theses: try the SUBJECT Dissertations, Academic -- Handbooks, manuals, etc. in a catalogue search to find titles such as:
- Publishing from your doctoral research : create and use a publication strategy (2020)
- Writing a graduate thesis or dissertation (2016)
- How to write a better thesis (2014)
- A practical guide to the qualitative dissertation (2007) [online or print]
- Guide to writing empirical papers, theses, and dissertations (2002) [online or print]
- Guide to the successful thesis and dissertation: a handbook for students and faculty (2003) [online or print]
- Our Scholarly Publishing guide will answer some of your questions about retaining copyright to your published work, publishing Open Access copies of your articles, and much more.