To browse for new books, check out our list of new Economics books at the SFU Library this month.
Use the SFU Library Catalogue to search for books by title, author, or subject keyword(s).
SFU Library provides access to many ebooks from publishers such as Harvard, Oxford, and Taylor & Francis. All ebooks are listed in our catalogue (search for your topic, then use the options to limit your results to Resource Type: Books and Availability: Full Text Online), but you can also search or browse through specific collections.
Search for journals and magazines in the Library Catalogue using the A-Z Journal List.
Ulrich's Periodicals Directory provides publication and other information about thousands of journals, magazines and newspapers worldwide. Use this directory to find all journals and magazines on your topic, learn who publishes them and how often they are issued, and whether they are scholarly or popular.
Start with these key databases to find articles in the field of Economics.
- ECONLIT : Your best place to start with any research in Economics
- Web of Science: Not just for science... This database also provides rich access for economics and related disciplines
- Business Source Complete: Despite the name, BSC also covers hundreds of economics publications
- JSTOR: An archival collection of core journals in many subject areas. Note that JSTOR does not contain recent volumes of the journals it covers
- Agricola: Includes articles on agricultural economics and rural development
- GEOBASE: Covers topics such as economic growth, sustainable development and economic impact
- Google Scholar: Indexes articles from a wide variety of academic publishers, professional societies and preprint repositories
To find news articles, check out our News Resources guide or try these key newspaper and media sources:
- Canadian Newsstream: Major and small-market Canadian newspapers
- CBCA Complete: Canadian focus on current affairs, business, science and the arts
- Factiva: Over 35,000 news sources from around the world, including hundreds of economics and policy analysis publications
- LexisNexis: Worldwide coverage of news, government, business and law
- Financial Times: Global Economy: Extensive news, comment and data analysis for the global business community
- Wall Street Journal: International coverage of business topics and financial news
- The Economist: Reporting, commentary and analysis on world politics, finance and business trends
- Bloomberg Businessweek: News and analysis of finance, technology, innovation, management and small business
The Progressive Economics Forum
- Crashed: How a Decade of Financial Crises Changed the World
- Abraham Rotstein and the Radical Decade from the mid-sixties to the mid-seventies
- Is there life after NAFTA?
- The New Language of Resource Exploitation: From Staples Dependency to Extraction Empire
- Teaching macroeconomics as though Lehmans didn’t happen