To browse for new books, check out our list of new Economics books at the SFU Library this month.
Use the SFU Library Catalogue to search for books by title, author, or subject keyword(s).
- Canadian Electronic Library from des libris: public policy and health research documents from Canadian organizations and government agencies.
- De Gruyter Online Books: ebooks published by Harvard University Press and some other academic publishers on all subject areas, including hundreds of titles on economics topics
- ebrary Academic Complete: ebooks and reports in all subject areas from a wide range of publishers
- MyiLibrary: thousands of academic books in all subject areas
- Science Direct E-books: hundreds of economics, econometrics and finance books and journals
- Springer e-books: thousands of titles in many subject areas, including close to 10,000 on economics topics
Search for journals and magazines in the Library Catalogue using the A-Z Journal List.
Ulrich's Periodicals Directory provides publication and other information about thousands of journals, magazines and newspapers worldwide. Use this directory to find all journals and magazines on your topic, learn who publishes them and how often they are issued, and whether they are scholarly or popular.
Start with these key databases to find articles in the field of Economics.
- ECONLIT : Your best place to start with any research in Economics
- Web of Science: Not just for science... This database also provides rich access for economics and related disciplines
- Business Source Complete: Despite the name, BSC also covers hundreds of economics publications
- JSTOR: An archival collection of core journals in many subject areas. Note that JSTOR does not contain recent volumes of the journals it covers
- Agricola: Includes articles on agricultural economics and rural development
- GEOBASE: Covers topics such as economic growth, sustainable development and economic impact
- Google Scholar: Indexes articles from a wide variety of academic publishers, professional societies and preprint repositories
To find news articles, check out our News Resources guide or try these key newspaper and media databases:
- Canadian Newsstream: Major and small-market Canadian newspapers
- CBCA Complete: Canadian focus on current affairs, business, science and the arts
- Factiva: Over 35,000 news sources from around the world, including hundreds of economics and policy analysis publications
- LexisNexis: Worldwide coverage of news, government, business and law
- Financial Times: Global Economy: Extensive news, comment and data analysis for the global business community
- Wall Street Journal: International coverage of business topics and financial news
The Economist: Reporting, commentary and analysis on world politics, finance and business trends
- See also: Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU): A starting point for finding news and reports on the latest economic developments and trends around the world
- Bloomberg Businessweek: News and analysis of finance, technology, innovation, management and small business