On this page
Directories of CMNS research websites
- MCS: The Media and Communications Studies Site: Hosted by the University of Wales, Aberystwyth
- Online Communication Studies Resources: (University of Iowa Department of Communications)
- Sociosite: Communication, Information, and Media: From the faculty of Social Sciences at the University of Amsterdam
- International Telecommunications: From the US National Telecommunications and Information Administration website
- The Information Economy: U of California Berkely's Hal A. Varian's collection of sites about the "Economics of the Internet, Information Goods, Intellectual Property and Related Issues"
- Film and Media Related Sites in Canada: Queen's University Films Studies
- Voice of the Shuttle: Media Studies: U.California, Santa Barbara
- Gale directory of publications and broadcast media [print or online]
- Media companies [print]
- Media digest: Online via Canadian Media Directors' Council [print or online]
- Ownership section of the CRTC Broadcasting Directorate: "The ownership charts of broadcasting legal entities with a complex and/or multiple ownership structure"
- Ownership of Canadian daily newspapers: Compiled by the Canadian Newspaper Association
- Columbia Journalism Review: Who Owns What: International scope
- US media ownership (Harvard University)
- CBC Archives: TV and radio clips, organized by topic
- CBC Directory of Television Series 1952-1982: Complete listing of television programs produced in Canada and broadcast by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (Queen's University Films Studies)
- TV News Archive: Vanderbilt University - Archives news programs from US major networks
- British Film Institute: National Film and Television Archive
- The Advertising age encyclopedia of advertising [print]
- Ad*Access: Images and database information for over 7,000 advertisements printed in U.S. and Canadian newspapers and magazines between 1911 and 1955
- Encyclopedia of major marketing campaigns (Volume 2): Overviews of major advertising campaigns in the 20th century [print or online]
Underground & Independent Comics, Comix, and Graphic Novels: A scholarly, primary source database focusing on adult comic books and graphic novels.
- Toonopedia: Encyclopedia of American comic books, newspaper strips, magazine cartoons
- The SFU Library Editorial Cartoons Collection: Thousands of "original drawings published in Canadian newspapers between 1952 and the present"