This guide is designed to help you get started with your Publishing research. Find books, journal articles, and additional research resources available to you at SFU Library.
Librarian for Publishing and the School of Interactive Arts + Technology
Fraser Library, SFU Surrey
Highlighted resources for Publishing
Quill and Quire
The foremost magazine for Canadian publishing news. Available in print at Belzberg and Fraser libraries. We also have access to Quill & Quire Omni for the latest Canadian book industry news.
Publishers Weekly Digital Archive
The premier source for American publishing news and book reviews, with added coverage of the British book trade. Contains the full run of Publishers Weekly, including industry articles, book reviews, advertisements, and illustrations, in high resolution and full colour.
This database includes articles on the Canadian publishing industry and indexes older articles from Quill & Quire.
This database contains articles from academic business journals, industry news sources and magazines (e.g. Publishers Weekly), and industry & market reports.
Chicago Manual of Style
The online version also includes the Chicago-Style Citation Quick Guide, sample forms, letters, and style sheets.
Publishing @ SFU's Engage Blog, which includes occasional Library and research news.
Help with course assignments
Note: Course guides are usually only updated when there's a new instruction session for that class, so information on these pages might be dated.
Undergraduate Minor in Print and Digital Publishing (see their page for a complete list of courses)
Master of Publishing (see their page for more information)
- PUB 601 Editorial Theory and Practice
- PUB 602 Design and Production Control in Publishing
- PUB 606 Magazine Publishing Project
- PUB 801 History of Publishing
- PUB 898 Internship Project Report
New Publishing books
- Palatino : the natural history of a typeface
- The invention of rare books : private interest and public memory, 1600-1840
- Reinventing print : technology and craft in typography
- Experiment : printing the Canadian imagination : highlights from the David McKnight Canadian little magazine and small press collection.
- The digital literary sphere : reading, writing, and selling books in the internet era
- Andy Warhol, publisher
- The big smallness : niche marketing, the American culture wars, and the new children's literature
- Modernist lives : biography and autobiography at Leonard and Virgina Woolf's Hogarth Press