- Canadian Journal of Communication: Author Guidelines: Scroll down the page to see in-text citation and references formats.
- SFU Library guides to citation styles: APA | MLA | Chicago/Turabian
- Citation or reference management tools collect your journal article, book, or other document citations together in one place, and help you create properly formatted bibliographies in almost any style — in seconds. Citation management tools help you keep track of your sources while you work and store your references for future use and reuse.
- SFU Learning Commons assistance
- Writing for University: Learn or review the strategies and processes involved in academic writing and research, including writing for specific genres or disciplines, drafting your paper, self-editing, and writing at the graduate level.
- Writing Handouts: Find quick tips on how to structure your research and essay from this series of two-page handouts provided by the Student Learning Commons.
- Start with: Writing and Submitting your Thesis
- The Library also has a number of books on this topic: try the SUBJECT Dissertations, Academic -- Handbooks, manuals, etc. in a Catalogue browse search to find titles such as:
See the SFU Library's Writing & Style Guides page for further guides to topics such as citing statistics and images and writing book reviews and annotations.