Classroom or learning management system (LMS)
For further details and examples, see APA's Classroom or intranet resources (Section 8.8, p. 259) or PowerPoint slide or lecture note references or consult the guide directly (Section 10.14, visual works example 102, p. 102).
Reference list example:
SFU Library. (2020). Library plagiarism tutorial [Canvas]. https://canvas.sfu.ca/courses/15986
Reference in text example:
(SFU Library, 2020)
- Resources include recorded lectures, PowerPoint presentations which are available on a classroom website or Learning Management System such as Canvas, Blackboard, or Moodle.
- Provide URL that links to the homepage or login page for sources from a LMS or classroom website.
- If writing for those who will not have access to slides or intranet resource, cite as personal communications (Section 8.9, p. 260).
Custom courseware (aka course pack)
Custom Courseware packages are compilations of journal articles, book chapters and other materials selected by your instructor.
For more information on chapters in edited books, see APA's Classroom course pack material or consult the guide directly (Section 10.3, textual works, pp. 326-328).
- Use this format only when the material is only found in the course pack.
- When material is widely available in another source, cite that source directly using the appropriate format.
- If the author is unknown, use the title in place of the author.
- Provide page range if present.