Book a consultation
First timer? Please read the notes below before booking a consultation.
- Register each semester to use the online booking software or to view the schedule.
- Log in to the system.
- Click on the drop-down menu and select from the list of schedules.
- Click on a white space to select an appointment time.
- From the pop-up box select either 30 minutes or 1 hour appointment using the drop-down menu for appointment end time. Then fill in the required fields; Course, Instructor and What would you like to work on during your visit?
- Click the Save Appointment button. You will be sent an e-mail confirming the appointment date and time.
- To cancel an appointment log in to the scheduling software. Your appointment will appear in a green block on the schedule. Click on the green block to open your appointment then click the 'Cancel this Appointment' button at the bottom of the pop up box. Alternatively, you can also email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone the SLC assistant at 778.782.4648.
Important information about consultations
You may have up to 2 hours of *booked* consultation time per week (restriction may be removed when the schedule is less busy). You are permitted up to 1 hour of consultation time per day. During virtual consultations, we do not have a drop-in schedule. If you need more booked consultation time, you can reach out to us at email@example.com
Thirty-minute consultations end at xx:25 or xx:55, and one-hour consultations end at xx:20 or xx:50, to allow for administrative tasks between clients.
- Consultations may only be booked up to 2 weeks in advance.
- Information about same day bookings and the WCO waitlist can be found here.
The information on this website is collected under the authority of the University Act (R.S.B.C. 1996, c.468, s. 27(4)(a)) and in accordance to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (R.S.B.C), c. 165, s. 26(c). It is related directly to and needed by the University for services provided by the Student Learning Commons. The information will be used to maintain a record of consultation with Student Learning Commons staff. If you have any questions about the collection and use of this information please contact Donna McGee Thompson, Head, Student Learning Commons, at 778.782.3294 or firstname.lastname@example.org.