- Effective Seminar Participation
- Class Participation (Gustavus Adolphus College) - Brief set of tips focusing on when to participate and when not to participate.
- Participating in Discussion Classes (Gustavus Adolphus College) - Tips on preparation, participation, and note-taking in discussion classes.
Facilitating Effective Discussions (Centre for Teaching Excellence, University of Waterloo)
Although this resource is intended for instructors, it contains useful suggestions if you are required to lead a discussion in your class.
Online class participation
- Resources on "Netiquette"
- Writing Strategies for Online Learners
- Communicating Online: Netiquette (UBC) - Tips for respectful and productive online communication.
The best way to gain confidence and skills in participating in class, speaking in public, or delivering presentations is frequent practice.