- Effective Seminar Participation
- Speak up in Class and Add to Class Discussions (City College of San Francisco) - Simple, practical tips.
- Class Participation (Gustavus Adolphus College) - Brief set of tips focusing on when to participate and when not to participate.
- Participating in Discussion Classes (Gustavus Adolphus College) - Tips on preparation, participation, and note-taking in discussion classes.
Online class participation
- Resources on "Netiquette"
- Writing Strategies for Online Learners
- Communicating Online: Netiquette (UBC) - Tips for respectful and productive online communication.
- Blackboard Discussion Forum Participation (Lawrence Technological University) - Examples of what high, medium, and low quality discussion forum contributions look like.
The best way to gain confidence and skills in participating in class, speaking in public, or delivering presentations is frequent practice.