Your coach will work with you to set goals, build the language up step by step, fully focused on what you need, and together, create a personalized framework to help you move forward and enhance your English language skills.
Note: This service is only available to registered undergraduate SFU students. Non-SFU students, including visiting scholars, post doctorate students and FIC students are not eligible.
Register now to secure your place in the Summer 2023 term.
1. First, register online and create a WCOnline account
The coaching sessions typically last for around 50 minutes, and you have the flexibility to book your own sessions. In case you are running late for your scheduled consultation or need to reschedule or cancel it, please inform us promptly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. First Session
In your first coaching session, you and your coach will collaborate to set language learning goals and create a personalized road map. Your coach will work with you to build your language skills gradually, focusing entirely on your needs. Together, you'll create a customized framework to help you move forward and improve.
Bundle your coaching sessions with other SLC services, such as the Conversation Partners Program, Let's Talk, Writing/Learning Consultations, Read Ahead (Graduate students only), Write Away (Undergraduate students only), or SLC workshops.
6. Co-Curricular Credit
By participating in the coaching program, you will be eligible to to receive co-curricular (CCR). You are welcome to register again in subsequent semesters, but new students will have priority.
Consultation Terms of Service and Agreement
- If you are late to your consultation, or need to change or cancel, please email email@example.com.
- NO-SHOW POLICY: If you don’t show up for an appointment and didn’t request a cancellation, your appointment will be marked as a no-show. After a second occurrence you will lose booking privileges for the remainder of the semester.
- CANCELLING A BOOKING: If you cannot come for your appointment, you may use the online booking system to cancel the appointment 5 hours or more in advance. Appointments that are cancelled within 5 hours of the start time will be marked as a late cancellation.
- If you have more than three late cancellations during the same term, you may be blocked from booking further SLC appointments for the rest of the term, or until you reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org