Your coach will work with you to set goals, build the language up step by step, fully focused on what you need, and together, create a personalized framework to help you move forward and improve your language skills.
Note: This service is only available to registered undergraduate SFU students. Non-SFU students, including visiting scholars, post doctorate students and FIC students are not eligible.
The Fall program is currently full. Register now to secure your place in the Spring 2023 term.
1. Register and create a WCOnline account
The duration of the coaching sessions is 50 minutes. The number and frequency of the coaching sessions is up to you. However, if we experience a high demand for this service, the number of coaching sessions may be capped at five per term. If you are late to your consultation, or need to change or cancel your consultation, please email email@example.com asap.
3. Meet with your coach
During your initial coaching session, you and your coach will work together to create goals and work towards creating a personalized language learning road-map. Your coach will not tell you what to do. As the coachee, you drive the conversation. Think of your coach as the GPS. Your coach with work with you to set goals, build the language up step by step, fully focused on what you need, and together, create a personalized framework to help you move forward and improve your language skills. Please keep all communication between you and your coach within your scheduled consultation times, and refrain from contacting your coach by e-mail outside of these times. All communication between you and your coach will be absolutely confidential.
Consultation Terms of Service and Agreement
- If you are late to your consultation, or need to change or cancel, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NO-SHOW POLICY: If you don’t show up for an appointment and didn’t request a cancellation, your appointment will be marked as a no-show. After a second occurrence you will lose booking privileges for the remainder of the semester.
- CANCELLING A BOOKING: If you cannot come for your appointment, you may use the online booking system to cancel the appointment 5 hours or more in advance. Appointments that are cancelled within 5 hours of the start time will be marked as a late cancellation.
- If you have more than three late cancellations during the same term, you may be blocked from booking further SLC appointments for the rest of the term, or until you reach out to us at email@example.com
Bundle your coaching sessions with other SLC services, such as the Conversation Partners Program, Let's Talk, Writing/Learning Consultations, Read Ahead (Graduate students only), Write Away (Undergraduate students only), or SLC workshops.
6. Complete the Program
By participating in the coaching program, you will be eligible to to receive co-curricular (CCR). You are welcome to register again in subsequent semesters, but new students will have priority.