This guide is intended to provide links to Library guides and selected resources which may be of interest to students and researchers at Simon Fraser University.
If you need help, please contact Sylvia Roberts, Liaison Librarian for Communication & Contemporary Arts at SFU Vancouver: 778.782.5043 (main) SFU Burnaby: 778.782.3681 or email@example.com or Ask a librarian.
Help with course assignments
CA 160 Introductory Studio in Visual Art I (Fall 2017)
Contemporary Arts subject guides
Recommended sources for databases, journal articles, dictionaries, encyclopedias, online music, videos, images, internet resources and more.
Library media collections
New Contemporary Arts books
- Wong Kar-Wai : interviews
- Swim pretty : aquatic spectacles and the performance of race, gender, and nature
- Mike Kelley : memory ware : a survey.
- Korean art : from the 19th century to the present
- Lynda Benglis
- Theater in the dark : shadow, gloom and blackout in contemporary theatre
- In the spring of 2017 Martin Roth published a selection of his works.
- Binning House
- Drone age cinema : action film and sensory assault
- Sofia Coppola : a cinema of girlhood
- Unbecoming cinema : unsettling encounters with ethical event films
- Costume in performance : materiality, culture, and the body
- Black performance on the outskirts of the left : a history of the impossible
- Honest bodies : revolutionary modernism in the dances of Anna Sokolow
- Dance anatomy and kinesiology
- Why only art can save us : aesthetics and the absence of emergency
- The courage of composers and the tyranny of taste : reflections on new music
- Metaphors on vision / by Brakhage ; [edited with an introduction by P. Adams Sitney].
- PHENOMENOLOGY OF FILM : a heideggerian account of the film experience.
- The Cubism seminars
- Killing poetry : blackness and the making of slam and spoken word communities
- WHY THEORY?.
- Moscow vanguard art : 1922-1992
- An inventory of shimmers : objects of intimacy in contemporary art
- All work and no plays : blueprints for 9 theatre performances
- History of dance
- Friedman house
- Contemporary research in music learning across the lifespan : music education and human development
- Transformations : art and the city