This guide is intended to provide links to Library guides and selected resources which may be of interest to students and researchers at Simon Fraser University.
If you need help, please contact Sylvia Roberts, Liaison Librarian for Communication & Contemporary Arts at SFU Vancouver: 778.782.5043 (main) SFU Burnaby: 778.782.3681 or email@example.com or Ask a librarian.
Help with course assignments
CA 160 Introductory Studio in Visual Art I (Fall 2017)
Contemporary Arts subject guides
Recommended sources for databases, journal articles, dictionaries, encyclopedias, online music, videos, images, internet resources and more.
Library media collections
New Contemporary Arts books
- Rx Hollywood : cinema and therapy in the 1960s
- Baroque between the wars : alternative style in the arts, 1918-1939
- Copyright's excess : money and music in the U.S. recording industry
- Angelica Mesiti : a communion of stranger gestures
- Music, sound, and architecture in Islam
- The Oxford handbook of community music
- Phakama : making participatory performance
- The semiotics of light and shadows : modern visual arts and Weimar cinema
- Chiura Obata : an American modern
- Cinéma-monde : decentred perspectives on global filmmaking in French
- Intercourse in television and film : the presentation of explicit sex acts
- Avengers assemble! : critical perspectives on the Marvel Cinematic Universe
- Promote, tolerate, ban : art and culture in Cold War Hungary
- Why science needs art : from historical to modern day perspectives
- The American Marshall Plan film campaign and the Europeans : a captivated audience?
- Dancing with the nation : courtesans in Bombay cinema
- Hitler and film : the führer's hidden passion
- Walter De Maria : the Lightning field
- Roots of the new Arab film
- Michael Rakowitz : backstroke of the West
- Resonances of chindon-ya : sounding space and sociality in contemporary Japan
- Seth Price - social synthetic
- Magnificent obsession : the outrageous history of film buffs, collectors, scholars, and fanatics
- Orson Welles in focus : texts and contexts
- REMEX : toward an art history of the NAFTA era
- The filmmaker's view : 100 years of ARRI
- DILIGENCE AND ELEGANCE : the nature of japanese textiles.
- The cinema of Richard Linklater : walk, don't run
- Harald Szeemann : selected writings