If you need help, please contact Sylvia Roberts, Liaison Librarian for Communication & Contemporary Arts at SFU Vancouver: 778.782.5043 (main) SFU Burnaby: 778.782.3681 or email@example.com or Ask a librarian.
This guide lists selected print and electronic information sources available to SFU faculty, students, and staff. Check the SFU Library Catalogue to find additional materials.
Topic and course guides
Lists of new Contemporary Arts resources added to the SFU Library are updated on a monthly basis. You can also browse through lists of all resources added to the library within the last week or the last month.
- World receivers : Georgiana Houghton, Hilma af Klint, Emma Kunz, and John Whitney, James Whitney, Harry Smith
- (Curating) from Z to A
- Music : a subversive history
- The arithmetic of listening : tuning theory and history for the impractical musician
- Joseph Beuys. Utopia at the Stag Monuments.
- Theatre through the camera eye : the poetics of an intermedial encounter
- We are in open circuits : writings by Nam June Paik
- In a cloud, in a wall, in a chair : six modernists in Mexico at midcentury
- The Technological Hand.
- The dramaturgy of the door
- Photography and ontology : unsettling images
- Ecocriticism and the anthropocene in nineteenth century art and visual culture
- Teaching strategies for neurodiversity and dyslexia in actor training : sensing Shakespeare
- Mrinalini Mukherjee
- Sensations of history : animation and new media art
- The American photo-text, 1930-1960
- Acting for the screen
- Mika Rottenberg : Easypieces
- People among the people : the public art of Susan Point
- Dancing odissi - paratopic performances of gender and state.
- Fiction's truth : the consequence of representing human suffering, distress, and violence in performance
- PATRICK WATERHOUSE : restricted images.
- Mounira Al Sohl : I strongly believe in our right to be frivolous
- Screening gender in Shakespeare's comedies : film and television adaptations in the twenty-first century
- Suffering from realness
- ELMGREEN AND DRAGSET : this is how we bite out tongue.
- Incorporating culture : how indigenous people are reshaping the Northwest Coast art industry
- Gemalte diagramme : Bauhaus, Kunst und Infografik = Painted diagrams : Bauhaus, art and infographics
- Aesthetics and the cinematic narrative : an introduction
- LEIKO IKEMURA : toward new seas.