If you need help, please contact Sylvia Roberts, Liaison Librarian for Communication & Contemporary Arts at SFU Vancouver: 778.782.5043 (main) SFU Burnaby: 778.782.3681 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Ask a librarian.
This guide lists selected print and electronic information sources available to SFU faculty, students, and staff. Check the SFU Library Catalogue to find additional materials.
Topic and course guides
Lists of new Contemporary Arts resources added to the SFU Library are updated on a monthly basis. You can also browse through lists of all resources added to the library within the last week or the last month.
- Anna Halprin
- Engaging dialogue. Cinematic verbalism in American independent cinema.
- Ink worlds : contemporary Chinese painting from the collection of Akiko Yamazaki and Jerry Yang
- Apples, etc. : an artist's memoir
- Russian cosmism
- Auteur theory and My son John
- Palestinian cinema in the days of revolution
- Latinas and Latinos on TV : colorblind comedy in the post-racial network era
- The business of film : a practical introduction
- Victorian photography, literature and the invention of modern memory : already the past
- Moving pictures, still lives : film, new media, and the late twentieth century
- Performance now
- Sonny Assu : a selective history
- Understanding Kubrick's '2001: A Space Odyssey'. Representation and interpretation.
- Draw your weapons
- Guerrilla film marketing : the ultimate guide to the branding, marketing and promotion of independent films & filmmakers
- Misère : the visual representation of misery in the 19th century
- Screening trafficking : prudent and perilous
- Modern Art: Art Essentials Series.
- Side by side? : community art and the challenge of co-creativity
- Mirroring people : the science of empathy and how we connect with others
- Beyond method : Stella Adler and the male actor
- The sound of a superpower : musical Americanism and the Cold War
- Organized time : rhythm, tonality, and form
- The psychology of an art writer
- Walking art practice : reflections on socially engaged paths
- Playing the mask : acting without bullshit
- Art, media design, and postproduction : open guidelines on remix and appropriation
- Nocturne : night in American art, 1890-1917