This guide lists selected print and electronic information sources available to SFU faculty, students, and staff. Check the SFU Library Catalogue to find additional materials.
Topic and course guides
Lists of new Contemporary Arts resources added to the SFU Library are updated on a monthly basis. You can also browse through lists of all resources added to the library within the last week or the last month.
- The poetic power of theory
- Dan Perjovschi : the prize book.
- High-tech trash : glitch, noise, and aesthetic failure
- William Kentridge - O sentimental machine
- Out of earshot : sound, technology, and power in American art, 1860-1900
- Gothic cinema
- Joe Hisaishi's Soundtrack for My neighbor Totoro
- Growth and decay : Pripyat and the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone
- Beyond Broadway : the pleasure and promise of musical theatre across America
- We came from fire : photographs of Kurdistan's armed struggle against ISIS
- Objectives, obstacles, and tactics in practice : perspectives on activating the actor
- Medea muckt auf : Radikale Künstlerinnen hinter dem Eisernen Vorhang = The Medea insurrection : radical women artists behind the Iron Curtain
- Pushing paper : contemporary drawing from 1970 to now
- Aliza Nisenbaum
- Ed Ruscha - custom-built intrigue : drawings 1974-1984
- Can the Left learn to meme? : Adorno, video gaming, and stranger things
- Introduction to the Alexander technique : a practical guide for actors
- A piece of the action : race and labor in post-civil rights Hollywood
- Olafur Eliasson : in real life
- Shirin Neshat - dreamers trilogy
- Piero Manzoni
- Psychoanalyst meets Marina Abramović : artist meets Jeannette Fischer
- Centerbook : The Center for Advanced Visual Studies and the evolution of art-science-technology at MIT
- Zoological surrealism the nonhuman cinema of Jean Painlevé
- Material witness : media, forensics, evidence
- Music fundamentals for musical theatre
- Welcome to the jungle.
- Merce Cunningham : after the arbitrary
- Paco Knöller. Zeichnungen / Drawings 1989-2018.