This guide lists selected print and electronic information sources available to SFU faculty, students, and staff. Check the SFU Library Catalogue to find additional materials.
Topic and course guides
Lists of new Contemporary Arts resources added to the SFU Library are updated on a monthly basis. You can also browse through lists of all resources added to the library within the last week or the last month.
- Theatre and Knowledge
- Kick it : a social history of the drum kit
- Theatre and Translation
- Howling near heaven : Twyla Tharp and the reinvention of modern dance
- Arts of address : being alive to language and the world
- Hegel's political aesthetics : art in the modern society
- The Bloomsbury handbook of music production
- Absence in cinema : the art of showing nothing
- Live art in the UK : contemporary performances of precarity
- The Choreopolitics of Alain Platel's les ballets C de la B Emotions, Gestures, Politics.
- Record cultures : the transformation of the U.S. recording industry
- Sound worlds from the body to the city : listen!
- The digital uncanny
- Critical Companion to Native American and First Nations Theatre and Performance Indigenous Spaces.
- Drawing Investigations Graphic Relationships with Science, Culture and Environment.
- The Bloomsbury handbook of popular music and social class
- Through a Native lens : American Indian photography
- Practices of projection : histories and technologies
- Multivocality : singing on the borders of identity
- Agency and imagination in the films of David Lynch : philosophical perspectives
- Photography and its shadow
- A companion to Frederico Fellini
- The Methuen Drama Companion to Performance Art
- Ballet class : an American history
- Wendy Carlos : a biography
- Kenneth Lonergan : filmmaker and philosopher
- A long, long way : Hollywood's unfinished journey from racism to reconciliation
- Deindustrialisation and popular music : punk and 'post-punk' in Manchester, Düsseldorf, Torino and Tampere