If you need help, please contact Sylvia Roberts, Liaison Librarian for Communication & Contemporary Arts at SFU Vancouver: 778.782.5043 (main) SFU Burnaby: 778.782.3681 or email@example.com or Ask a librarian.
This guide lists selected print and electronic information sources available to SFU faculty, students, and staff. Check the SFU Library Catalogue to find additional materials.
Topic and course guides
Lists of new Contemporary Arts resources added to the SFU Library are updated on a monthly basis. You can also browse through lists of all resources added to the library within the last week or the last month.
- Through the looking glass : John Cage and avant-garde film
- The Uncanny child in Transnational Cinema : ghosts of futurity at the turn of the twenty-first century
- Orientalist lives : western artists in the Middle East, 1830-1920
- Clues to acting Shakespeare
- Thomas Bayrle - playtime
- Nalini Malani : the rebellion of the dead = la rivolta dei morti : retrospecttiva 1969-2018,
- Performance lighting design : how to light for the stage, concerts and live events
- Robert Wilson
- Akira Kurosawa : a Viewer's Guide.
- Foucault at the movies
- Acting for film
- Race experts : sculpture, anthropology, and the American public in Malvina Hoffman's Races of mankind
- In other habits : theatrical costume
- Dance in America : a reader's anthology
- Being Time: Case Studies in Musical Temporality.
- The Cambridge encyclopedia of brass instruments
- Historical dictionary of popular music
- Criminal ornamentation
- The Classical Music Industry
- Histories of the musical : an Oxford handbook of the American musical, Volume I
- Contemporary British Ceramics and the Influence of Sculpture : Monuments, Multiples, Destruction and Display.
- Five political plays
- Beyond given knowledge : investigation, quest and exploration in modernism and the avant-gardes
- Documentary Vanguards in Modifern Theatre
- Pier Paolo Pasolini, framed and unframed : a thinker for the twenty-first century
- International film festivals : contemporary cultures and history beyond Venice and Cannes
- A dictionary of the avant-gardes
- A mad love : an introduction to opera
- The Routledge Dance Studies Reader
- African film studies : an introduction