This guide lists selected print and electronic information sources available to SFU faculty, students, and staff. Check the SFU Library Catalogue to find additional materials.
Topic and course guides
Lists of new Contemporary Arts resources added to the SFU Library are updated on a monthly basis. You can also browse through lists of all resources added to the library within the last week or the last month.
- Cinema expanded : avant-garde film in the age of intermedia
- Performative inter-actions in African theatre 3 : making space, rethinking drama and theatre in Africa.
- African somaesthetics : cultures, feminisms, politics
- Performative inter-actions in African theatre.
- The art of pure cinema : Hitchcock and his imitators
- Look for me all around you : Sharjah biennial 14
- Vampire films around the world : essays on the cinematic undead of sixteen cultures
- The life of forms in art : modernism, organism, vitality
- Chance, phenomenology and aesthetics : Heidegger, Derrida and contingency in twentieth century art
- Hip hop en français : an exploration of hip-hop culture in the francophone world
- The natural body in somatics dance training
- Sonic intimacy : reggae sound systems, jungle pirate radio and grime Youtube music videos
- Humana Festival 2018 : the complete plays
- Cinema, MD : a history of medicine on screen
- Math fundamentals for audio
- American avant-garde cinema's philosophy of the in-between
- The Oxford handbook of history and material culture
- Guerrilla Girls : the art of behaving badly
- Love and information
- Sound design is the new score : theory, aesthetics, and erotics of the integrated soundtrack
- When the world laughs : film comedy East and West
- Rock star / movie star : power and performance in cinematic rock stardom
- The Bloomsbury handbook of rock music research
- The metabolic museum
- African Americans and Africa : a new history
- The landscapes of Western movies : a history of filming on location, 1900-1970
- Bad girls, dirty bodies : sex, performance and safe femininity
- International Yearbook of Futurism Studies.
- Dancing women : choreographing corporeal histories of popular Hindi cinema
- The proximity of other skins : ethical intimacy in global cinema