This guide is intended to provide links to Library guides and selected resources which may be of interest to students and researchers at Simon Fraser University.
If you need help, please contact Sylvia Roberts, Liaison Librarian for Communication & Contemporary Arts at SFU Vancouver: 778.782.5043 (main) SFU Burnaby: 778.782.3681 or email@example.com or Ask a librarian.
Help with course assignments
CA 160 Introductory Studio in Visual Art I (Fall 2019)
Contemporary Arts subject guides
Recommended sources for databases, journal articles, dictionaries, encyclopedias, online music, videos, images, internet resources and more.
Library media collections
New Contemporary Arts books
- Marc Camille Chaimowicz: One to One
- Art and masculinity in post-war Britain. Reconstructing home.
- The black speculative arts movement : black futurity, art+design
- Jonas Wood
- Cabinet d'amateur : an oblique novel : works from "la Caixa" Collection of Contemporary Art = Cabinet d'amateur : una novela oblicua : obras de la Colección "la Caixa" de Arte Contemporáneo
- Hiroshi Sugimoto : seascapes
- More than one picture : an art history of the hyperimage
- Arts of Existence for the Post-Media Era
- Creative practice ethnographies
- Walter Benjamin reimagined : a graphic translation of poetry, prose, aphorisms, and dreams
- Michael Snow
- The city beneath : a century of Los Angeles graffiti
- Radical virtuosity : Ana Mendieta and the black Atlantic
- Cinematic skepticism : across digital and global turns
- The Theatrical Professoriate Contemporary Higher Education and Its Academic Dramas : Contemporary Higher Education and Its Academic Dramas.
- Sound : Art and the Aural Imagination in the Atlantic World
- Art on campus : build and connect
- Unspeakable acts : women, art, and sexual violence in the 1970s
- Nordic film cultures and cinemas of elsewhere
- Contemporary Worlds : Indonesia
- The barbarian invasions : a genealogy of the history of art
- The birth of the idea of photography
- Reassessing dubbing : historical approaches and current trends
- Jack Whitten : Jack's Jacks
- Popularisation and populism in the visual arts : attraction images
- The artist in the machine : the world of AI powered creativity
- Silja Yvette - collective creatures.
- Kader Attia : the museum of emotion
- Mapping Beyond Measure: Art