This guide is intended to provide links to Library guides and selected resources which may be of interest to students and researchers at Simon Fraser University.
Help with course assignments
CA 160 Introductory Studio in Visual Art I (Fall 2020)
Contemporary Arts subject guides
Recommended sources for databases, journal articles, dictionaries, encyclopedias, online music, videos, images, internet resources and more.
Library media collections
New Contemporary Arts books
- Cinema, MD : a history of medicine on screen
- Humana Festival 2018 : the complete plays
- Dancing women : choreographing corporeal histories of popular Hindi cinema
- The Bloomsbury handbook of rock music research
- Performative inter-actions in African theatre 3 : making space, rethinking drama and theatre in Africa.
- International Yearbook of Futurism Studies.
- Cinema expanded : avant-garde film in the age of intermedia
- African Americans and Africa : a new history
- African somaesthetics : cultures, feminisms, politics
- When the world laughs : film comedy East and West
- The life of forms in art : modernism, organism, vitality
- Sonic intimacy : reggae sound systems, jungle pirate radio and grime Youtube music videos
- Chance, phenomenology and aesthetics : Heidegger, Derrida and contingency in twentieth century art
- Guerrilla Girls : the art of behaving badly
- Bad girls, dirty bodies : sex, performance and safe femininity
- The metabolic museum
- Performative inter-actions in African theatre.
- Math fundamentals for audio
- Look for me all around you : Sharjah biennial 14
- The art of pure cinema : Hitchcock and his imitators
- Hip hop en français : an exploration of hip-hop culture in the francophone world
- The proximity of other skins : ethical intimacy in global cinema
- The natural body in somatics dance training
- The Oxford handbook of history and material culture
- The landscapes of Western movies : a history of filming on location, 1900-1970
- Vampire films around the world : essays on the cinematic undead of sixteen cultures
- American avant-garde cinema's philosophy of the in-between
- Rock star / movie star : power and performance in cinematic rock stardom
- Love and information
- Sound design is the new score : theory, aesthetics, and erotics of the integrated soundtrack