This guide is intended to provide links to Library guides and selected resources which may be of interest to students and researchers at Simon Fraser University.
If you need help, please contact Sylvia Roberts, Liaison Librarian for Communication & Contemporary Arts at SFU Vancouver: 778.782.5043 (main) SFU Burnaby: 778.782.3681 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Ask a librarian.
Help with course assignments
CA 160 Introductory Studio in Visual Art I (Fall 2017)
Contemporary Arts subject guides
Recommended sources for databases, journal articles, dictionaries, encyclopedias, online music, videos, images, internet resources and more.
Library media collections
New Contemporary Arts books
- KOKI TANAKA.
- Gordon Matta-Clark : physical poetics
- Odysseus and the bathers.
- Mental disorders in popular film : how Hollywood uses, shames, and obscures mental diversity
- William Cordova: Spacial and Ideological Terrane (Ankaylli)
- The Cambridge companion to film music
- Star wars after Lucas : a critical guide to the future of the galaxy
- Women, art, and literature in the Iranian diaspora
- Cartoon vision : UPA animation and postwar aesthetics
- Frame by frame : a materialist aesthetics of animated cartoons
- The final frontier : international relations through Star trek and Star wars
- Digital dynamics in nordic contemporary art.
- Contemporary political cinema
- Shakespeare in the theatre : Cheek by Jowl
- The translation of films, 1900-1950.
- Ways of hearing
- Understanding design in film production : using art, light & locations to tell your story
- Introduction to the art of stage management : a practical guide to working in the theatre and beyond
- China--Art--Modernity : a critical introduction to Chinese visual expression from the beginning of the twentieth century to the present day
- Cycling and cinema
- Making music indigenous : popular music in the Peruvian Andes
- Aesthetics equals politics : new discourses across art, architecture, and philosophy
- Transgender cinema
- Static in the system : noise and the soundscape of American cinema culture
- Lesbian cinema after Queer theory
- Performing image
- Mary Kelly: The Voice Remains: Works in Compressed Lint.
- Making it up : photographic fictions
- Contemporary art, world cinema, and visual culture : essays
- MARCEL DZAMA : crossing the line.