This guide is intended to provide links to Library guides and selected resources which may be of interest to students and researchers at Simon Fraser University.
If you need help, please contact Sylvia Roberts, Liaison Librarian for Communication & Contemporary Arts at SFU Vancouver: 778.782.5043 (main) SFU Burnaby: 778.782.3681 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Ask a librarian.
Help with course assignments
CA 160 Introductory Studio in Visual Art I (Fall 2017)
Contemporary Arts subject guides
Recommended sources for databases, journal articles, dictionaries, encyclopedias, online music, videos, images, internet resources and more.
Library media collections
New Contemporary Arts books
- Apples, etc. : an artist's memoir
- The sound of a superpower : musical Americanism and the Cold War
- Organized time : rhythm, tonality, and form
- Mirroring people : the science of empathy and how we connect with others
- Nocturne : night in American art, 1890-1917
- Keys to play : music as a ludic medium from Apollo to Nintendo
- Sonny Assu : a selective history
- Performance now
- Guerrilla film marketing : the ultimate guide to the branding, marketing and promotion of independent films & filmmakers
- Understanding Kubrick's '2001: A Space Odyssey'. Representation and interpretation.
- The American Negro Theatre and the long civil rights era
- Engaging dialogue. Cinematic verbalism in American independent cinema.
- Deaccessioning and Its Discontents: A Critical History.
- Beyond method : Stella Adler and the male actor
- Auteur theory and My son John
- Pina Bausch's dance theatre : tracing the evolution of Tanztheater
- There's no place like home : the migrant child in world cinema
- Latinas and Latinos on TV : colorblind comedy in the post-racial network era
- The business of film : a practical introduction
- Art, media design, and postproduction : open guidelines on remix and appropriation
- Walking art practice : reflections on socially engaged paths
- Coming to terms with our musical past : an essay on Mozart and modernist aesthetics
- Consuming dance : choreography and advertising
- Ink worlds : contemporary Chinese painting from the collection of Akiko Yamazaki and Jerry Yang
- Music preservation and archiving today
- Draw your weapons
- The psychology of an art writer
- Modern Art: Art Essentials Series.
- Victorian photography, literature and the invention of modern memory : already the past