This guide is intended to provide links to Library guides and selected resources which may be of interest to students and researchers at Simon Fraser University.
If you need help, please contact Sylvia Roberts, Liaison Librarian for Communication & Contemporary Arts at SFU Vancouver: 778.782.5043 (main) SFU Burnaby: 778.782.3681 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Ask a librarian.
Help with course assignments
CA 160 Introductory Studio in Visual Art I (Fall 2019)
Contemporary Arts subject guides
Recommended sources for databases, journal articles, dictionaries, encyclopedias, online music, videos, images, internet resources and more.
Library media collections
New Contemporary Arts books
- Extraterritoriality : locating Hong Kong cinema and media
- Popular music and public diplomacy : transnational and transdisciplinary perspectives
- Dance discourses : keywords in dance research
- Emeka Ogboh : Lagos soundscapes
- Beyond text : theater and performance in print after 1900
- Performing Palimpsest Bodies : Postmemory Theatre Experiments in Mexico
- The eloquent screen : a rhetoric of film
- Marta Minujín : Menesunda reloaded
- The Hollywood Renaissance : revisiting American cinema's most celebrated era
- LIFE OF TRAINING.
- Flow : the rhythmic voice in rap music
- Latin American film industries
- Ed Hardy : deeper than skin
- The spectacle of illusion : deception, magic and the paranormal
- Canons and values : ancient to modern
- Contemporary circus / [selected and edited by] Katie Lavers, Louis Patrick Leroux, and John Burtt.
- Applied improvisation leading, collaborating and creating beyond the theatre
- Kehinde Wiley. Saint Louis.
- In the mind, but not from there : real abstraction and contemporary art
- Writing for the cut : shaping your script for cinema.
- KAHLO : self-portrait with cropped hair.
- Theory of the art object
- The sublimity of document : cinema as diorama : (avant-doc 2)
- Metropolitan fetish : African sculpture and the imperial French invention of primitive art
- Propaganda Art in the 21st Century
- Theatre artisans and their craft : the allied arts fields
- Josephine Baker and Katherine Dunham : dances in literature and cinema
- Capturing digital media : perfection and imperfection in contemporary film and television
- British art cinema : creativity, experimentation and innovation
- Disney's Star Wars : forces of production, promotion, and reception