This guide is intended to provide links to Library guides and selected resources which may be of interest to students and researchers at Simon Fraser University.
If you need help, please contact Sylvia Roberts, Liaison Librarian for Communication & Contemporary Arts at SFU Vancouver: 778.782.5043 (main) SFU Burnaby: 778.782.3681 or email@example.com or Ask a librarian.
Help with course assignments
CA 160 Introductory Studio in Visual Art I (Fall 2017)
Contemporary Arts subject guides
Recommended sources for databases, journal articles, dictionaries, encyclopedias, online music, videos, images, internet resources and more.
Library media collections
New Contemporary Arts books
- Musical theatre : a history
- Moma dance : boris charmatz.
- Expanded painting : ontological aesthetics and the essence of colour
- The Bressonians : French cinema and the culture of authorship
- Becky Suss.
- Transformations : art and the city
- Friedman house
- Metaphors on vision / by Brakhage ; [edited with an introduction by P. Adams Sitney].
- Sofia Coppola : a cinema of girlhood
- The Holy Mountain
- Costume in performance : materiality, culture, and the body
- Magritte : the treachery of images
- Chopin and his world
- Black performance on the outskirts of the left : a history of the impossible
- Rhythm in acting and performance : embodied approaches and understandings
- Music in Disney's animated features : Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs to The jungle book
- WHY THEORY?.
- What About the Art? Contemporary Art from China.
- Swim pretty : aquatic spectacles and the performance of race, gender, and nature
- Mark Bradford : tomorrow is another day
- 2000 words
- The Japanese Photobook
- Mike Kelley : memory ware : a survey.
- Thirty-four illustrations for Dante's Inferno
- An inventory of shimmers : objects of intimacy in contemporary art
- The economics of American art : issues, artists, and market institutions
- Honest bodies : revolutionary modernism in the dances of Anna Sokolow
- Ethical exchanges in translation, adaptation and dramaturgy
- The music and sound of experimental film