This guide is intended to provide links to Library guides and selected resources which may be of interest to students and researchers at Simon Fraser University.
If you need help, please contact Sylvia Roberts, Liaison Librarian for Communication & Contemporary Arts at SFU Vancouver: 778.782.5043 (main) SFU Burnaby: 778.782.3681 or email@example.com or Ask a librarian.
Help with course assignments
CA 160 Introductory Studio in Visual Art I (Fall 2017)
Contemporary Arts subject guides
Recommended sources for databases, journal articles, dictionaries, encyclopedias, online music, videos, images, internet resources and more.
Library media collections
New Contemporary Arts books
- Endless shout
- Eyes wide shut : Stanley Kubrick and the making of his final film
- Lucio Fontana : on the threshold
- Eastern approaches to Western film : Asian reception and aesthetics in cinema
- R. Murray Schafer : a creative life
- Positioning art cinema : film and cultural value
- Visualities 2 : more perspectives on contemporary American Indian film and art
- Hans Hofmann : the nature of abstraction
- QUEER HOLDINGS : a survey of the leslie-lohman museum collection.
- Mormons, musical theater, and belonging in America
- Rachel Rose : Wil-o-Wisp : the Future Fields Commission in Time-Based Media
- Unapologetic beauty
- Marius Petipa : the emperor's ballet master
- Roxy Paine
- From confinement to containment : Japanese/American arts during the early Cold War
- LINCOLN KIRSTEIN.
- EWVA : European women's video art in the 70s and 80s
- Reading and writing a screenplay : fiction, documentary and new media
- Street theatre and the production of postindustrial space : working memories
- Erwin Wurm - peace & plenty.
- Dancing spirit, love, and war : performing the translocal realities of contemporary Fiji
- One artist, one material : fifty-five makers on their medium
- An archive of the catastrophe : the unused footage of Claude Lanzmann's Shoah
- Ribbon of darkness : inferencing from the shadowy arts and sciences
- Ennio Morricone : in his own words
- Seeing degree zero : Barthes/Burgin and political aesthetics
- A matter of fact
- Speculations on anonymous material
- ARON DEMETZ : autonomous.