This guide is intended to provide links to Library guides and selected resources which may be of interest to students and researchers at Simon Fraser University.
Help with course assignments
CA 160 Introductory Studio in Visual Art I (Fall 2019)
Contemporary Arts subject guides
Recommended sources for databases, journal articles, dictionaries, encyclopedias, online music, videos, images, internet resources and more.
Library media collections
New Contemporary Arts books
- Music fundamentals for musical theatre
- Poetic thinking today : an essay
- Beyond Broadway : the pleasure and promise of musical theatre across America
- Gabriel Kuri: Sorted
- Shirin Neshat - dreamers trilogy
- Hito Steyerl. The city of broken windows.
- Aliza Nisenbaum
- Ed Ruscha - custom-built intrigue : drawings 1974-1984
- Fragile Earth : the naturalist impulse in contemporary art
- Anthony Cragg: Vol
- Blue sky body : thresholds for embodied research
- Sophie Calle - true stories
- ANDREA GEYER : dance in a future with all present.
- The reclining nude : Agnès Varda, Catherine Breillat, and Nan Goldin
- Piero Manzoni
- We came from fire : photographs of Kurdistan's armed struggle against ISIS
- William Kentridge : a poem that is not our own
- Introduction to the Alexander technique : a practical guide for actors
- Olafur Eliasson : in real life
- Rosemarie Trockel : the same different
- The poetic power of theory
- A piece of the action : race and labor in post-civil rights Hollywood
- The secret agent
- Medea muckt auf : Radikale Künstlerinnen hinter dem Eisernen Vorhang = The Medea insurrection : radical women artists behind the Iron Curtain
- Performing knowledge : twentieth-century music in analysis and performance
- Dan Perjovschi : the prize book.
- William Kentridge - O sentimental machine
- Growth and decay : Pripyat and the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone
- Maria Eichhorn : Film lexicon of sexual practices, Prohibited imports
- Salon salon : fine art practices from 1972 to 1982 in profile - a Beijing perspective