This guide is intended to provide links to Library guides and selected resources which may be of interest to students and researchers at Simon Fraser University.
If you need help, please contact Sylvia Roberts, Liaison Librarian for Communication & Contemporary Arts at SFU Vancouver: 778.782.5043 (main) SFU Burnaby: 778.782.3681 or email@example.com or Ask a librarian.
Help with course assignments
CA 160 Introductory Studio in Visual Art I (Fall 2017)
Contemporary Arts subject guides
Recommended sources for databases, journal articles, dictionaries, encyclopedias, online music, videos, images, internet resources and more.
Library media collections
New Contemporary Arts books
- Why science needs art : from historical to modern day perspectives
- Training the actor's body : a guide
- Portugal's global cinema : industry, history and culture
- Conversations with Christian Metz : selected interviews on film theory (1970-1991)
- Frank Stella
- Experimentalisms in practice : music perspectives from Latin America
- Masculinity in contemporary science fiction cinema : cyborgs, troopers and other men of the future
- May we forever stand : a history of the black national anthem
- Stranger than paradise
- Historians on Hamilton : how a blockbuster musical is restaging America
- Bourdieu in question : new directions in French sociology of art
- Frieze : a to Z of Contemporary Art
- The musical language of rock
- Studio Olafur Eliasson : open house
- Joel Meyerowitz - where I find myself : a lifetime retrospective.
- Walter De Maria : the Lightning field
- Music and Empathy
- Performing trauma in Central Africa : shadows of empire
- Art after empire : from colonialism to globalisation
- Christian Metz and the codes of cinema : film semiology and beyond
- The making of an artist : desire, courage, and commitment
- Comic book movies
- Over and over : exploring repetition in popular music
- Turkic soundscapes : from shamanic voices to hip-hop
- Music and society in Cork, 1700-1900
- Aerial dance : a guide to dance with rope and harness
- POWER OF GOLD : asante royal regalia from ghana.
- New games : postmodernism after contemporary art
- Tarsila do Amaral : inventing modern art in Brazil
- Danger : Diabolik