This guide is intended to provide links to Library guides and selected resources which may be of interest to students and researchers at Simon Fraser University.
If you need help, please contact Sylvia Roberts, Liaison Librarian for Communication & Contemporary Arts at SFU Vancouver: 778.782.5043 (main) SFU Burnaby: 778.782.3681 or email@example.com or Ask a librarian.
Help with course assignments
CA 160 Introductory Studio in Visual Art I (Fall 2017)
Contemporary Arts subject guides
Recommended sources for databases, journal articles, dictionaries, encyclopedias, online music, videos, images, internet resources and more.
Library media collections
New Contemporary Arts books
- Character, scene, and story : new tools from The dramatic writer's companion
- First exposures : writings from the beginning of photography
- Delirious : art at the limits of reason, 1950-1980
- Dancing in the English style. Consumption, Americanisation, and national identity in Britain, 1918-50
- Apocalyptic chic : visions of the Apocalypse and post-Apocalypse in literature and visual arts
- Duke Ellington studies
- STEPHEN SHORE.
- Material imagination : art in Europe, 1946-72
- Nothing and everything : seven artists, 1947-1962 : Bourgeois, Cage, Feldman, Guston, Kline, Mitchell, Smith
- Jim Lambie
- Flip the script : European hip hop and the politics of postcoloniality
- Philip Guston & the poets
- A new history of modern architecture : art nouveau, the beaux-arts, expressionism, modernism, constructivism, art deco, classicism, brutalism, postmodernism, neo-rationalism, high tech, deconstructivism, digital futures
- Club 57 : film, performance, and art in the East Village 1978-1983
- Gendering modernism : a historical reappraisal of the canon
- Live wires : a history of electronic music
- Gillian Ayres
- Socialist senses : film, feeling, and the Soviet subject, 1917-1940
- Six Turkish filmmakers
- Aesthetics of the familiar : everyday life and world-making
- A critical companion to Tim Burton
- Jasper Johns : redo an eye
- Suzy Lake.
- The work of art : value in creative careers
- The Hollywood war film : critical observations from World War I to Iraq
- Reinventing Hollywood : how 1940s filmmakers changed movie storytelling
- The secret lives of color
- Gang of cosmos : Robert Longo
- Workshopping the new play : a guide for playwrights, directors, and dramaturgs
- Ellen Stewart presents : fifty years of La Mama experimental theatre