This guide is intended to provide links to Library guides and selected resources which may be of interest to students and researchers at Simon Fraser University.
If you need help, please contact Sylvia Roberts, Liaison Librarian for Communication & Contemporary Arts at SFU Vancouver: 778.782.5043 (main) SFU Burnaby: 778.782.3681 or email@example.com or Ask a librarian.
Help with course assignments
CA 160 Introductory Studio in Visual Art I (Fall 2017)
Contemporary Arts subject guides
Recommended sources for databases, journal articles, dictionaries, encyclopedias, online music, videos, images, internet resources and more.
Library media collections
New Contemporary Arts books
- Cartographic abstraction in contemporary art : seeing with maps
- Akira Kurosawa : a Viewer's Guide.
- Dorothea Tanning
- Beautiful world, where are you?
- Martha Rosler - irrespective
- Nalini Malani : the rebellion of the dead = la rivolta dei morti : retrospecttiva 1969-2018,
- Pier Paolo Pasolini, framed and unframed : a thinker for the twenty-first century
- Eric Rohmer's film theory (1948-1953) : from 'école Scherer' to 'politique des auteurs'
- BEING AN ARTIST.
- Historical dictionary of popular music
- Sondra Perry - typhoon coming on
- Keith Sonnier - until today
- Creative research : the theory and practice of research for the creative industries
- Being Time: Case Studies in Musical Temporality.
- Documentary Vanguards in Modifern Theatre
- The cinema of Louis Malle : transatlantic auteur
- Robert Wilson
- ABOVE SEA : contemporary art, urban culture, and the fashioning of global shanghai.
- American President in film and television : myth, politics and representation
- Dance for sports : a practical guide
- Sharks in the arts : from feared to revered
- Sarah Lucas - au naturel
- Identities and audiences in the musical : an Oxford handbook of the American musical, Volume III
- A history of the theatre laboratory
- Public art and museums in cultural districts
- Dance in America : a reader's anthology
- The Cambridge encyclopedia of historical performance in music
- Carrie Mae Weems - strategies of engagement
- PROGRESSIVE REVOLUTION : modern art for a new india.