- Bibliographies and footnotes
- Regulations and guidelines for the preparation of theses, extended essays and projects
- SFU Library guides to citation styles: MLA | Chicago/Turabian
- Referencing and citation management software
- See Dr Peter Horban's page on writing a philosophy paper
- SFU Learning Commons assistance
- Writing for University: Learn or review the strategies and processes involved in academic writing and research, including writing for specific genres or disciplines, drafting your paper, self-editing, and writing at the graduate level.
- Writing Handouts: Find quick tips on how to structure your research and essay from this series of two-page handouts provided by the Student Learning Commons.
- Start with: Writing and Submitting your Thesis
- The Library also has a number of books on this topic
- Browse search by subject Dissertations, Academic -- Handbooks, manuals, etc. in Catalogue to find titles
- A practical guide to the qualitative dissertation [online or print]
- Guide to writing empirical papers, theses, and dissertations [online or print]