The Library has many statistical yearbooks for countries, regions, and international organizations. Search the Catalogue using the keywords "statistical (yearbook or abstract)" and the country, region, or organization name, e.g., "statistical (yearbook or abstract) Latin America."
- The place to start for current BC socio-economic statistics, including quick facts and historical tables. Note that SFU researchers have access to several key BC Stats publications online
- British Columbia Economic Accounts - A statistical picture of the BC economy on a national accounts basis.
- Historical Statistics of Canada [print]
- Statistics Canada Publication Indexes
- Canadian Census 2001, Topic-based Tabulations ; Canadian Census 2006
- Canadian Social Trends (11-008-XIE) - Quarterly, discusses the social, economic, and demographic changes affecting the lives of Canadians; contains the latest figures for major social indicators.
- CANSIM Time series of Canadian data on national accounts, financial institutions, corporate finance, government, population, labour, prices, construction, investment, trade, travel, and industry.
- E-Stat Some Canadian census data as well as access to CANSIM II - allows the creation of customized graphs and maps. Note that the E-Stat version of CANSIM is only updated once a year. Use CANSIM (above) for the most current data.
- Index of Downloadable Statistics Canada Publications
- Earnings of Men and Women -- 1997
- Juristat - (85-002) - crime statistics, homicide, shelters for women, prostitution, etc.
- Statistics Canada - Provides current and historical Canadian socio-economic statistics as well as descriptions of Statscan's products and services. Always check the SFU Library catalogue to see if we own the material that you find cited at the Statistics Canada site
- Fedstats - over 70 agencies in the United States Federal Government.
- US Bureau of the Census - detailed US socio-economic statistics based on the US Census and other surveys.
- Statistical Abstract of the United States - ( recommended). Updated annually, provides detailed source notes so you can locate the original source from which the tables are composed. Largely federal, also many relevant state-level tables. Note! Tables within one edition do not necessarily correspond to tables containing the same information in another edition. Table numbering varies from edition to edition. [print]
- Historical Statistics of the United States: fully searchable database. Can graph individual tables and create customized tables and spreadsheets.
- Asian Development Bank - 64 members. Choose a "country" or "topic" from pull down menus.Choose "topics"gender and development" to find a report on a particular country, or "microfinance".
- Genderinfo - Global database of gender statistics from UN agencies.
- Statistical yearbook. United Nations. 1948- [print]
- Statistical yearbook. UNESCO. 1968- [print]
- United Nations Inter-Agency Network on Women and Gender Equality (IANWAGE) - Women's Watch - groups information about world's women
- UNDATA (Formerly known as "UNSTATS - United Nations Statistical Common Database". - check "country profiles" and "topics" links. - comparative data from many UN sources. e.g. In the first box, look for "indicators on men & women" by countries (maternity benefits, part-time employment), "key global indicators", "World development indicators"
- World Bank
- World Development Indicators Online (WDI) - over 600 indicators, from 1960 to 2005. Can select multiple variables to create exportable reports, charts or maps. Go to the "Data" tab in the left column. You can look at "key indicators" for country or region, and download them into Excel if needed
General and Worldwide
- Abacus Dataverse Network - Research data repository of social survey files, GIS datasets, geospatial data, and more.
- Demography & Population Studies - provides links to demographic information facilities and resources worldwide.
- Europa World
- International historical statistics: Africa, Asia & Oceania, 1750-2000.[print]
- International historical statistics: Europe, 1750-2000. [print]
- International historical statistics: the Americas, 1750-2000. [print]
- Index to international statistics : IIS. 1983- Bennett Reference Indexes [print]
- SourceOECD - Click the Statistics tab, browse contents on the left side of the screen for available databases.
- Statistical abstract of the world [print]
- Statistical Resources on the Web - (Univ Michigan Library), this site links to statistical resources on a wide variety of topics from all around the world.