Associations and organizations
- BC Black History Awareness Society (BCBHAS)
- Organizing Black America: an encyclopedia of African American associations
- Ontario Black History Society
- Africa Resource Knowledge Project - is an academic resource that offers journals and databases
- African Canadian Online - York University
- Black History in Canada - by Library and Archives Canada
- African American Studies Research Bibliography. Yale University Library
- Diversity Watch - Black. Ryerson University School of Journalism
- Hip-Hop Archives. W.E.B.DuBois Institute for Afro-American Research. Harvard University.
- Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture. New York Public Library.
- Canadian Research Index - Includes federal, provincial and municipal government publications.
- Library Archives Canada - use Archives Search engine to search for "nurses" and find archives/collections related to them. eg. The Call to Duty - from the collection of six Canadian nursing sisters.
- Parliamentary Information and Research Service Publications - Library of Parliament Briefs on issues, Bills, etc.
- US Census Bureau - Get current industrial and demographic reports, economic census data, foreign trade analysis, and much more. Statistical Abstracts of the United States
- US Department of Labor — Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Asian Development Bank
- United Nations
- United Nations Entities Specializing in Gender Issues:
- UNIFEM - United Nations Development Fund for Women
- Women Watch (U.N. Inter-Agency Network on Women and Gender Equality (IANWGE) -
- United Nations - World Health Organization, Country Profiles