The unacknowledged use of other people's ideas or work, whether intentional or unintentional, is a serious academic offense. Plagiarism can be avoided through careful work habits.
Citation style guides
- APA (6th ed.)
- MLA (8th ed.)
- Chicago/Turabian (17th ed.)
- Government documents, Canadian -- APA style | MLA style | Chicago style
For undergraduate students, the Student Learning Commons provides assistance and numerous, helpful guides.
For graduate students, the Research Commons provides assistance and numerous guides and workshops.
- Graduate writing resources - for more information on different types of writing, including "literature reviews."
- Submit a Read Ahead request
- Submit a Consultation request and choose "Writing" as the Consultation Type.
- Submit a Consultation request and choose "Presentation" as the Consultation Type.
- Writing workshops