If you need help, please contact Sylvia Roberts, Liaison Librarian for Communication & Contemporary Arts at SFU Vancouver: 778.782.5043 (main) SFU Burnaby: 778.782.3681 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Ask a librarian.
This guide lists selected print and electronic information sources available to SFU faculty, students, and staff. Check the SFU Library Catalogue to find additional materials.
Topic and course guides
Lists of new Contemporary Arts resources added to the SFU Library are updated on a monthly basis. You can also browse through lists of all resources added to the library within the last week or the last month.
- Gendering history on screen : women filmmakers and historical films
- Suggestivism - Resonance.
- Female body in contemporary art : dieting, eating disorders, self-harm, and fatness
- The profitable artist : a handbook for all artists in the performing, literary, and visual arts
- Cinema between media : an intermediality approach
- The global road movie : alternative journeys around the world
- Crossmappings : on visual culture
- I'm not like everybody else : biopolitics, neoliberalism, and American popular music
- Gender in film and video
- Reeled in : pre-existing music in narrative film
- Cinema against doublethink : ethical encounters with the lost pasts of world history
- Made in Mexico : Hollywood south of the border
- Russian Futurist theatre : theory and practice
- Broken beauty : musical modernism and the representation of disability
- 100 greatest film scores
- The Pina Bausch sourcebook : the making of Tanztheater
- Foundational films : early cinema and modernity in Brazil
- Lee Bul
- Film criticism as a cultural institution : crisis and continuity from the 20th to the 21st century.
- Eduard Hanslick's On the musically beautiful : a new translation
- New directions in mobile media and performance
- Staged : show trials, political theater, and the aesthetics of judgment
- Social works performing art, supporting publics
- CINEMATIC REFLECTIONS ON THE LEGACY OF THE HOLOCAUST : psychoanalytic.
- JOKER SYSTEM : revisited.
- Ecologies of precarity in twenty-first century theatre : politics, affect, responsibility
- Craft Economies
- Cine-Ethiopia : the history and politics of film in the Horn of Africa
- MAGIC REALISM.
- Dana Claxton.