- SFU Library guides to common citation styles in research: APA | MLA | Chicago/Turabian
- Association of Art Editors Style Guide
- Citation or reference management tools collect your journal article, book, or other document citations together in one place, and help you create properly formatted bibliographies in almost any style — in seconds. Citation management tools help you keep track of your sources while you work and store your references for future use and reuse.
- SFU Library plagiarism guide: Discusses what plagiarism is and how you can avoid it. Includes a plagiarism tutorial to test yourself on the topic of plagiarism.
- Information on writing for university and two-page handouts about writing and are provided by the Student Learning Commons.
- Writing your thesis? Try the SFU Library guide to Preparing and Submitting your Thesis. Also search the catalogue under the SUBJECT "Dissertations, Academic -- Handbooks, manuals, etc" for resources held in the library.
- See the SFU Library's Writing and Style Guides for further information on citation styles and guides to writing.
- A short guide to writing about film by Timothy Corrigan & Graham Corrigan (9th ed.)
- The Language and Style of Film Criticism by Andrew Klevan (Editor); Alex Clayton
- A Pocket Guide to Analyzing Films by Robert Spadoni
- Undergraduate Research in Dance: A Guide for Students by Lynnette Young Overby ; Gregory Young ; Jenny Olin Shanahan
- Writing dancing in the age of postmodernism by Sally Banes
- Writing about dance by Wendy Oliver
- A Style and Usage Guide to Writing About Music by Thomas Donahue
- Music in Words: A Guide to Researching and Writing About Music by Trevor Herbert
- Citing Music Sources in Your Essay and Bibliography (Chicago/Turabian style) from the University of Western Ontario Music Library
- Irvine's writing about music by Demar Irvine
- A short guide to writing about art by Sylvan Barnet (10th ed.)
- How to write about Contemporary Art by Gilda Williams
- The Art of Writing about Art by Suzanne Hudson; Nancy Noonan-Morrissey
- Writing about Art by Henry M. Sayre