This guide is designed to help you get started on your Chemistry research. Use this guide to find books, journal articles, and additional resources such as handbooks, spectra, and chemical safety information.
Physical & Chemical Properties Finder
Resources to help you find chemical and physical properties.
Drawn from Beilstein and Gmelin, Reaxys provides experimental data, in organic, inorganic and organometalic chemistry.
Standard database to find chemical information.
Web of Science
Science citation index covering scholarly journals in all areas of science.
CRC handbook of chemistry and physics
Standard handbook to find property information, including wavelength.
Quick source of chemical names and CAS registry numbers.
- IsisCB Explore
A research tool for the history of science, whose core dataset comes from bibliographical citations in the Isis Bibliography of the History of Science. The IsisCB currently contains 40 years of citation data from 1974 to 2014.
Help with course assignments
- CHEM 332: Chemistry of Transition Metals (updated Oct. 2014)
- CHEM 366W : Phys Chem Lab II (updated Sept. 2015)
New Chemistry books
- Disruptive classroom technologies : a framework for innovation in education
- Oxidation of C-H bonds
- Iridium (III) : in optoelectronic and photonics applications
- Oral bioavailability assessment : basics and strategies for drug discovery and development
- Modern heterogeneous catalysis : an Introduction
- Chemical Engineering Computation with MATLAB♭
- Photochemical water splitting : materials and applications
- Copper-catalyzed amination of aryl and alkenyl electrophiles.
- Metal-catalyzed polymerization : fundamentals to applications
- Modern synthesis processes and reactivity of fluorinated compounds : progress in fluorine science
- Reagents for heteroarene synthesis
- Bioprocessing for cell based therapies
- Antibiotic drug discovery : new targets and molecular entities
- Electrons, Atoms, and Molecules in Inorganic Chemistry A Worked Examples Approach.
- Synthetic methods for conjugated polymer and carbon materials
- Arrow-pushing in organic chemistry : an easy approach to understanding reaction mechanisms
- Multi-Step Organic Synthesi3s : a Guide Through Experiments
- Chemical synthesis using highly reactive metals
- Introduction to Computational Chemistry.
- Cyclodextrins : properties and applications
- Main group metal coordination polymers : structures and nanostructures
- Mass spectrometry for the clinical laboratory.
- Interpretation of MS-MS Mass Spectra of Drugs and Pesticides.
- Chemical reaction kinetics : concepts, methods, and case studies
- Functional supramolecular materials : from surfaces to MOFs
- Strategies for palladium-catalyzed non-directed and directed C-H bond functionalization
- Laboratory scientific glassblowing : a practical training method
- New fluorinated carbons fundamentals and applications
- The Biological Chemistry of Nickel