- Bretherick's handbook of reactive chemical hazards: an indexed guide to published data [print]
Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety Academic Support Program
- MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheets)
- RTECS (Registry of Toxic Effects of Chemical Substances)
- CRC handbook of laboratory safety [print]
- Destruction of hazardous chemicals in the laboratory [print]
- Hazardous laboratory chemicals disposal guide [online or print]
- Hazardous Substances Data Bank
- Laboratory biosafety guidelines [print]
- Laboratory biosafety manual
- Sax's dangerous properties of industrial materials [print]
- SFU Chemical Safety
- SFU Hazardous Material Safety
- Working safely in the chemistry laboratory [print]
Commercial chemical suppliers
A commercial supplier of biochemical and organic chemical products.
Material Safety Data Sheets
Manufacturer/supplier contact information from the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety.
A search for substances in the Registry file provides links to commercial suppliers.
- ACS DGRweb (Directory of Graduate Research)
- American National Biography
- Biographical Memoirs -- from the National Academy of Sciences
- Chemical Genealogy Database
- Complete dictionary of scientific biography -- Online access to the Dictionary of scientific biography [1970-1980] and the New dictionary of scientific biography (2008).
- Dictionary of scientists. Oxford Reference
- International encyclopedia of women scientists [print]
- International women in science: a biographical dictionary to 1950 [print]
- Obituaries and biographical notes published in Angewandte Chemie, Chemische Berichte, European Journal of Inorganic Chemistry, Helvetica Chimica Acta, Liebigs Annalen and European Journal of Organic Chemistry
- Prominent scientists: an index to collective biographies [print]
- Women in chemistry and physics: a biobibliographic sourcebook [print]
- World who's who in science: a biographical dictionary of notable scientists from antiquity to the present [print]