On this page
This guide is designed to help you get started on your Chemistry research. Use this guide to find books, journal articles, and additional resources such as handbooks, spectra, and chemical safety information.
If you need help, please contact Jenna Thomson, Liaison Librarian at 778-782-3269 or email@example.com or Ask a librarian.
SciFinder - One of the most comprehensive literature and patent databases for Chemistry, going back to 1907.
Reaxys - Reaxys provides access to Chemistry literature and patents with a focus on experimental data and synthesis planning.
Web of Science - Search citations and abstracts for journal articles, conference proceedings, and other resources across the sciences as well as in social sciences, arts, and humanities. Can also be used for cited reference searches and citation analysis.
CRC handbook of chemistry and physics - Standard handbook for property data, including wavelength.
Physical & Chemical Properties Finder - Resources to help you find specific chemical and physical properties.
Common Chemistry - Quick source of chemical names and CAS registry numbers.
IUPAC Color Books - Authoritative resource for chemical nomenclature, terminology, and symbols.
New Chemistry books
- A primer in frustrated Lewis pair hydrogenation : concepts to applications /
- Handbook of antioxidant methodology : approaches to activity determination /
- Advances in functional separation membranes /
- Unconventional liquid crystals and their applications /
- Making and breaking symmetry in chemistry : syntheses, mechanisms and molecular rearrangements /
- The chemistry of carbonyl compounds and derivatives /
- Membrane technologies : from academia to industry / edited by Katarzyna Staszak, Karolina Wieszczycka and Bartosz Tylkowski.
- Organocatalysis : A Green Tool for Sustainable Developments /
- Magnetic phase transitions in single crystals /
- Green Chemistry : Advances in Alternative Energy /
- Vibrational dynamics of molecules /
- Greener organic transformations /