This guide is designed to help you get started on your Chemistry research. Use this guide to find books, journal articles, and additional resources such as handbooks, spectra, and chemical safety information.
Physical & Chemical Properties Finder
Resources to help you find chemical and physical properties.
Drawn from Beilstein and Gmelin, Reaxys provides experimental data, in organic, inorganic and organometalic chemistry.
Standard database to find chemical information.
Web of Science
Science citation index covering scholarly journals in all areas of science.
CRC handbook of chemistry and physics
Standard handbook to find property information, including wavelength.
Quick source of chemical names and CAS registry numbers.
- IsisCB Explore
A research tool for the history of science, whose core dataset comes from bibliographical citations in the Isis Bibliography of the History of Science. The IsisCB currently contains 40 years of citation data from 1974 to 2014.
Help with course assignments
- CHEM 332: Chemistry of Transition Metals (updated Oct. 2014)
- CHEM 366W : Phys Chem Lab II (updated Sept. 2015)
New Chemistry books
- Introduction to Computational Chemistry.
- New fluorinated carbons fundamentals and applications
- Metal-catalyzed polymerization : fundamentals to applications
- Reagents for heteroarene synthesis
- Electrons, Atoms, and Molecules in Inorganic Chemistry A Worked Examples Approach.
- Disruptive classroom technologies : a framework for innovation in education
- Mass spectrometry for the clinical laboratory.
- Chemical Engineering Computation with MATLAB♭
- Cyclodextrins : properties and applications
- Multi-Step Organic Synthesi3s : a Guide Through Experiments
- Oxidation of C-H bonds
- The Biological Chemistry of Nickel
- Bioprocessing for cell based therapies
- Chemical synthesis using highly reactive metals
- Synthetic methods for conjugated polymer and carbon materials
- Laboratory scientific glassblowing : a practical training method
- Copper-catalyzed amination of aryl and alkenyl electrophiles.
- Iridium (III) : in optoelectronic and photonics applications
- Photochemical water splitting : materials and applications
- Modern synthesis processes and reactivity of fluorinated compounds : progress in fluorine science
- Oral bioavailability assessment : basics and strategies for drug discovery and development
- Main group metal coordination polymers : structures and nanostructures
- Strategies for palladium-catalyzed non-directed and directed C-H bond functionalization
- Chemical reaction kinetics : concepts, methods, and case studies
- Modern heterogeneous catalysis : an Introduction
- Antibiotic drug discovery : new targets and molecular entities
- Functional supramolecular materials : from surfaces to MOFs
- Arrow-pushing in organic chemistry : an easy approach to understanding reaction mechanisms
- Interpretation of MS-MS Mass Spectra of Drugs and Pesticides.