This guide is designed to help you get started on your Chemistry research. Use this guide to find books, journal articles, and additional resources such as handbooks, spectra, and chemical safety information.
Physical & Chemical Properties Finder
Resources to help you find chemical and physical properties.
Drawn from Beilstein and Gmelin, Reaxys provides experimental data, in organic, inorganic and organometalic chemistry.
Standard database to find chemical information.
Web of Science
Science citation index covering scholarly journals in all areas of science.
CRC handbook of chemistry and physics
Standard handbook to find property information, including wavelength.
Quick source of chemical names and CAS registry numbers.
- IsisCB Explore
A research tool for the history of science, whose core dataset comes from bibliographical citations in the Isis Bibliography of the History of Science. The IsisCB currently contains 40 years of citation data from 1974 to 2014.
Help with course assignments
- CHEM 332: Chemistry of Transition Metals (updated Oct. 2014)
- CHEM 366W : Phys Chem Lab II (updated Sept. 2015)
New Chemistry books
- Asymmetric synthesis of drugs and natural products
- Pharmaceutical quality by design : a practical approach
- Main group strategies towards functional hybrid materials
- Hydrothermal Reduction of Carbon Dioxide to Low-Carbon Fuels.
- Solvents as reagents in organic synthesis : reactions and applications
- Multifunctional nanocomposites for energy and environmental applications
- Synthesis of medicinal agents from plants
- Principles and practices of molecular properties : theory, modeling and simulations
- Vicinal diaryl substituted heterocycles : a gold mine for the discovery of novel therapeutic agents
- Material-integrated intelligent systems : technology and applications
- Dynamic Covalent Chemistry : Principles, Reactions, and Applications
- Molecular techniques in food biology : safety, biotechnology, authenticity and traceability
- Mendeleev to Oganesson : a multidisciplinary perspective on the periodic table
- Emerging applications of nanoparticles and architectural nanostructures : current prospects and future trends
- Capillary electromigration separation methods
- Contemporary catalysis : fundamentals and current applications
- Nonlinear polymer rheology : macroscopic phenomenology and molecular foundation
- Carbon-based polymer nanocomposites for environmental and energy applications
- Organic synthesis : state of the art, 2013-2015
- Ruthenium Complexes : Photochemical and Biomedical Applications.
- Industrial chemistry of oxides for emerging applications
- Spin resonance spectroscopy : principles and applications
- Sequence-Controlled Polymers.
- Pincer compounds : chemistry and applications
- Mathematical physics in theoretical chemistry
- Metal oxide-based photocatalysis : fundamentals and prospects for application
- Steel-reinforced concrete structures : assessment and repair of corrosion
- Direct Analysis in Real Time Mass Spectrometry.
- Nanomaterials for magnetic and optical hyperthermia applications
- Magnetic, ferroelectric, and multiferroic metal oxides