This guide is designed to help you get started on your Chemistry research. Use this guide to find books, journal articles, and additional resources such as handbooks, spectra, and chemical safety information.
Physical & Chemical Properties Finder
Resources to help you find chemical and physical properties.
Drawn from Beilstein and Gmelin, Reaxys provides experimental data, in organic, inorganic and organometalic chemistry.
Standard database to find chemical information.
Web of Science
Science citation index covering scholarly journals in all areas of science.
CRC handbook of chemistry and physics
Standard handbook to find property information, including wavelength.
Quick source of chemical names and CAS registry numbers.
- IsisCB Explore
A research tool for the history of science, whose core dataset comes from bibliographical citations in the Isis Bibliography of the History of Science. The IsisCB currently contains 40 years of citation data from 1974 to 2014.
Help with course assignments
- CHEM 332: Chemistry of Transition Metals (updated Oct. 2014)
- CHEM 366W : Phys Chem Lab II (updated Sept. 2015)
New Chemistry books
- Principles and practices of molecular properties : theory, modeling and simulations
- Main group strategies for functional hybrid materials
- Pharmaceutical quality by design : a practical approach
- Direct analysis in real time mass spectrometry : principles and practices of DART-MS
- Steel-reinforced concrete structures : assessment and repair of corrosion
- Metal oxide-based photocatalysis : fundamentals and prospects for application
- Nonlinear polymer rheology : macroscopic phenomenology and molecular foundation
- Solvents as reagents in organic synthesis : reactions and applications
- Mathematical physics in theoretical chemistry
- Single-Molecule Magnets : Molecular Architectures and Building Blocks for Spintronics.
- Carbon-based polymer nanocomposites for environmental and energy applications
- Nanomaterials for magnetic and optical hyperthermia applications
- Molecular techniques in food biology : safety, biotechnology, authenticity & traceability
- Industrial chemistry of oxides for emerging applications
- Vicinal diaryl substituted heterocycles : a gold mine for the discovery of novel therapeutic agents
- Spin resonance spectroscopy : principles and applications
- Asymmetric synthesis of drugs and natural products
- Hydrothermal reduction of carbon dioxide to low-carbon fuels
- Emerging applications of nanoparticles and architecture nanostructures : current prospects and future trends
- Contemporary catalysis : fundamentals and current applications
- Capillary electromigration separation methods
- Pincer compounds : chemistry and applications
- Ruthenium complexes
- Multifunctional nanocomposites for energy and environmental applications
- Synthesis of medicinal agents from plants
- Dynamic covalent chemistry : principles, reactions, and applications
- Magnetic, ferroelectric, and multiferroic metal oxides
- Sequence-controlled polymers