The following are key sources for data and statistics relevant to Urban Studies research.
- City of Vancouver Data Catalogue - open, downloadable data for city amenities and services: libraries, garbage collection, drinking fountains, and more!
- DataBC - open data initiative from the provincial government, providing access to government's data holdings, as well as applications and web services
- BCStats provincial agency for statistics, providing "high quality data intelligence about British Columbia’s citizens, economy & government," including a subsection for BCStats Socio-Economic Profiles.
- Canadian Census Analyzer online tool that enables you to access census profile tables
- Statistics Canada Data (formerly CANSIM) Provides fast and easy access to a large range of statistics in Canada.
- CMHC Housing Market Information Portal Canadian authority on housing information, portal provides an interactive tool that will enable you to find up-to-date information on specific geographic regions
- Census Program - Canadian government website for the Census
- FP Markets: Canadian Demographics [print] slightly dated
- Metro Vancouver Regional Data and Statistics - local data and statistics for the metro Vancouver region
- Royal LePage Reports and Surveys - extensive collection of housing reports including their House Price Survey, with quarterly reports back to 1974. Broken down by housing type and regional real estate markets, including the Vancouver area.
- Urban Development Institute (B.C.) Housing Data and Statistics
- American FactFinder online database from the U.S. Census Bureau which provides comprehensive information on U.S. communities
- FCSM Data Releases Federal Committee on Statistical Methodology
- Proquest Statistical Abstract of the United States (2013- ) "comprehensive summary of statistics on the social, political, and economic organization of the United States"
- OECD iLibrary online library for the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development, providing access to books, papers and statistics
- UNdata database for United Nations data and statistics
- World Development Indicators interactive database including data on world development indicators
- Atlas of Canada maps and tools available through National Resources Canada
- FrontCounter BC Discovery Tool "designed to help you view an area of land within the Province of British Columbia to determine basic information on how the land is currently being used"
- Historical atlas of Vancouver and the Lower Fraser Valley [print]
- Vancouver: a visual history [print and online] a cartographic history of Vancouver, including "Vancouver’s first fourteen decades, beginning with a map of the 1850s depicting the land use, economy and settlement patterns of its first peoples, and ending with a map of the 1980s."
- VanMap a "web-based application that lets you view data about Vancouver in map form."
- Women in a Changing Vancouver Downtown Eastside - interactive thematic maps, video, text that demonstrate the spatial connections between women and downtown eastside Vancouver