SFU Library Catalogue Search Tips (Sept 2017)
- Browe the "Shastri collection" in the Library Catalogue for a list of materials that had been received through prior membershiop to the Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute (SICI).
- ebrary - 24,000 plus, electronic books for all topics
- MyiLibrary - Electronic books published by Springer in all disciplines. Access begins with those published in 2005 and onwards.
- netLibrary - over 5,100 electronic books.
- Safari Tech Books Online - Electronic versions of a broad range of technical books. Check for "femini*" or "women"
- SourceOECD - full text reports by Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development... from 1998 to present. Country studies, forecasting publications. Topics covered include developing economies, education, employment, energy, environment, migration, social issues, and sustainable development.
- Springer LINK Search - Science, medical and social science e-books and journals.
Humanities and social sciences information on East, Southeast and South Asia.
- Sociological Abstracts -theoretical and applied sociology, social science, and policy science.
- Anthropology Plus - material relating to anthropology and archaeology.
- Academic Search Premier (be sure to limit your search to "scholarly" articles by using the "refine search" button).
Searchable, archival collection of core scholarly arts, humanities and social sciences journals.
More databases: Journal articles and databases
- How to Find Journal Articles. A guide to search journal indexes and databases to find articles on your topic
- Moving from Citation to Article. You've got the citation of an article -- now how do you find it in the Library, online, or at another library?
- What is a Scholarly Journal? Learn how to distinguish academic and popular journal