On this page
The unacknowledged use of other people's ideas or work, whether intentional or unintentional, is a serious academic offense. Plagiarism can be avoided through careful work habits.
Citation style guides
- APA (6th ed.)
- MLA (8th ed.)
- Chicago/Turabian (17th ed.)
- Government documents, Canadian -- APA style | MLA style | Chicago style
Citing Indigenous Elders and Knowledge Keepers
Library books on writing process
- Writing effective course assignments : a guide to non-degree and undergraduate students
- Writing for social scientists : how to start and finish your thesis, book, or article
- Writing the literature review : a practical guide
- Doing your social science dissertation
For undergraduate students, the Student Learning Commons provides assistance and numerous, helpful guides.
For graduate students, the Research Commons provides assistance and numerous guides and workshops.
- Graduate writing resources - for more information on different types of writing.
- Submit a Read Ahead request
- Submit a Consultation request and choose "Writing" as the Consultation Type.
- Submit a Consultation request and choose "Presentation" as the Consultation Type.
- Thesis Boot Camp is a multi-day workshop which provides graduate students with the opportunity to spend three days dedicated to making serious progress on their thesis.