Style guides and citing
- Citation & style guides
- APA / MLA / Chicago / Turabian
- Finding and using online images: Citing
- How to Cite Statistics Canada Products -- from Statistics Canada. A new online tool that describes how to build a reference when citing any type of Statistics Canada product.
The new edition (6th) of APA requires a DOI (when available) when citing electronic versions of articles. Use crossref.org to search for DOIs in one place.
Citation management software can collect your journal article, book, or other document citations together in one place. Software can be used to both manage citations and to create bibliographies using different citation styles (APA, MLA, Chicago, etc.). SFU Library officially supports both Zotero and Mendeley.
For help, contact us at email@example.com.
Library books on writing process
- Writing effective course assignments : a guide to non-degree and undergraduate students
- Writing for social scientists : how to start and finish your thesis, book, or article
- Writing the literature review : a practical guide
- Doing your social science dissertation
For undergraduate students, the Student Learning Commons provides assistance and numerous, helpful guides.
For graduate students, the Research Commons provides assistance and numerous guides and workshops.
- Graduate writing resources - for more information on different types of writing.
- Submit a Read Ahead request
- Submit a Consultation request and choose "Writing" as the Consultation Type.
- Submit a Consultation request and choose "Presentation" as the Consultation Type.
- Thesis Boot Camp is a multi-day workshop which provides graduate students with the opportunity to spend three days dedicated to making serious progress on their dissertation or master’s thesis.
- Open Writing Lab: Write Time, Write Space!
The unacknowledged use of other people's ideas or work, whether intentional or unintentional, is a serious academic offense. Plagiarism can be avoided through careful work habits. Learn more through the SFU Library's plagiarism guide and take our interactive tutorial Understanding and Avoiding Plagiarism to test your knowledge.