On this page
Associations and organizations
- Aboriginal Rights Coalition
- Aboriginal Youth Network
- Assembly of First Nations
- Assembly of Manitoba Chiefs
- B.C. Assembly of First Nations
- Canadian Bar Association - National Aboriginal Law section
- Congress of Aboriginal Peoples
- First Nations Schools Association
- First Nations Summit
- Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami - an Inuit Rights organization
- Metis National Council - click on the "women" link
- Métis National Council of Women
- NAHO National Aboriginal Health Organization
- Native Women's Association
- National Association of Tribal Historic Preservation Officers (NATHPO)
- Pauktuutit Inuit Women's Association
- Union of British Columbia Indian Chiefs -- Links to Aboriginal information (legal, traditional knowledge, research, etc.), Publications e.g.
- Scow Institute -- founded in 2001 by retired Judge Alfred J. Scow, the first Aboriginal person called to the Bar and to the Bench in British Columbia, and other interested persons.
- Research Library -- online articles on Aboriginal issues
- Eldis Gateway to Development Information -- full-text documents, from over 4,500 different publishers. Use "indigenous" to find most studies.
- Mediawatch -- a national, not for profit feminist organization working to eliminate sexism in the media.
Directories of websites
- Elaine Cubbins: Techniques for Evaluating American Indian Web Sites.
- First Nation Information Project - Canadian focus, with a directory of nearly 50 First Nations' homepages.
- First Nations Seeker: Directory of Canada's First Nations Portals - also a good source for Names of First Nations both authentic and anglicized
- Native Web - links to major news stories, announcements, and events concerning indigenous peoples worldwide.
- Our Legacy - archival material of Métis, Inuit, and First Nations held in Saskatchewan archives. Included are historic photographs and archival material (textual, audio, film, maps, etc.).
- Northwest Resistance Digitization Project – This website contains a database to search archival records relating to the Northwest Resistance of 1885. Some photographs have been digitized and documents transcribed. From the University of Saskatchewan
- IPortal - Indigenous Studies Research Tool - (University of Saskatchewan Library)
- Canadian Research Index -- includes federal, provincial and municipal government publications. Keep track of the Microlog Report number and find the report on fiche on 6th floor. Alternatively, search the department site, online.
- Library Archives Canada and Archives Search engine
- Research Publications from the Library of Parliament – “provide[s] analysis to parliamentarians, parliamentary committees and parliamentary associations on current and emerging key issues, legislation and major public policy topics.”
- US Census Bureau -- Get current industrial and demographic reports, economic census data, foreign trade analysis, and much more.
- Statistical Abstracts of the United States
- US Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Asian Development Bank
- United Nations
- U.N. Economic and Social Development Website
- UNIFEM - United Nations Development Fund for Women - specializing in gender issues
- Women Watch (U.N. Inter-Agency Network on Women and Gender Equality (IANWGE) legal instruments, conventions and other relevant international standards of particular importance to women's human rights and gender equality
- United Nations World Health Organization Country Profiles
More library guides on Indigenous topics
- Anthropology Art and Culture
- Business & Economic Development
- Land Claims
- Language & Literature
- Women's Studies
- Indigenous Terminology