Citation & Style guides
- Citation & Style guides page contains citation and writing guides
- Citation or reference management tools collect your journal article, book, or other document citations together in one place, and help you create properly formatted bibliographies in almost any style — in seconds. Citation management tools help you keep track of your sources while you work and store your references for future use and reuse. The SFU Library supports Zotero and Mendeley.
Understanding and Avoiding Plagiarism
- An interactive tutorial produced by SFU Library explaining what constitutes plagiarism and how to avoid it in your writing.
- Dreyer's English : an utterly correct guide to clarity and style [print]
- Writing About Literature. Produced by OWL (Online Writing Lab) at Purdue University, this guide provides examples and description about writing papers in English Literature. It discusses research topics, how to begin to research, how to use information, and formatting.
- Writing about literature [print]
Student Learning Commons
The Student Learning Commons provides in-person consultations, workshops and resources to help you develop your study, research and academic writing skills. See the Academic Writing Resources and Writing Handouts sections of the SLC website for practical tips on writing and citing your papers.