Style guides & citation
- APA (6th ed.) | APA [animated tutorial]
- MLA (8th ed.) | MLA [animated tutorial]
- Chicago/Turabian (16th ed.)
Citation or reference management tools collect your journal article, book, or other document citations together in one place, and help you create properly formatted bibliographies in almost any style — in seconds. Citation management tools help you keep track of your sources while you work and store your references for future use and reuse.
Understanding and Avoiding Plagiarism
An interactive tutorial produced by SFU Library explaining what constitutes plagiarism and how to avoid it in your writing.
- Writing About Literature Produced by OWL (Online Writing Lab) at Purdue University, this guide provides examples and description about writing papers in English Literature. It discusses research topics, how to begin to research, how to use information, and formatting.
- Writing about literature [print]
- A manual for writers of term papers, theses, and dissertations [print]
- Elements of style [print]
Student Learning Commons
The Student Learning Commons provides in-person consultations, workshops and resources to help you develop your study, research and academic writing skills. See the Writing for University and Writing Handouts sections of the SLC website for practical tips on writing and citing your papers.