The preferred style for citing sources in electrical engineering is the IEEE style. See any of the following webpages for an overview:
- Brief IEEE style manual
- Full IEEE style manual
- IEEE Style Guide, 2022 Edition (SAIT Polytechnic Library)
The preferred style for citing sources in mechanical engineering is the ASME style.
Other Style Guides: APA, Chicago, MLA
Citation Management (Zotero)
Citation Management Software and Tools
Writing and Research
NEW: Best Engineering Paper winners (McGill University, Communication in Engineering course)
Literature Reviews in the Applied Sciences
Selected books on technical writing:
- Technical writing for engineering professionals
- Writing for science and engineering: papers, presentations and reports [print]
- An engineer's guide to technical communication [print]
- A guide to writing as an engineer [print or online]
- Technical writing: a practical guide for engineers and scientists [print]
The Library's Student Learning Commons offers a wide range of workshops, consultations, and self-guided instructional tools for both undergraduate and graduate students.
For Graduate Student workshops and services, check out the Library's Graduate Research Commons.