Unless your professor has told you otherwise, the preferred style for citing sources in your assignments is the IEEE style. See any of the following webpages for an overview:
The full style manual is available in HTML format or as a lengthy PDF from the IEEE style website.
Guides to technical writing
SFU library provides access to hundreds of books on scientific and technical writing. One way to locate writing guides is to try a Subject search in the Library Catalogue. Some good subject headings are:
- Communication in engineering
- Communication in science
- Communication of technical information
- Technical writing
- Technical writing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Dissertations, academic -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Report writing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
See also: Business communication
- Technical writing for engineering professionals
- Writing for science and engineering: papers, presentations and reports [print]
- An engineer's guide to technical communication [print]
- A guide to writing as an engineer [print or online]
- Technical writing: a practical guide for engineers and scientists [print]